20: Confession

Kat's Note: 5 chapters remaining! I can't believe we're almost doneee! Thank you sa support guys, labyuuu mwa<3

Zayden's POV,

"We wouldn't kill Shan, right?"I asked, completely shocked about everything. It's still sinking to me now and I don't think I would be able to digest all of this.

"We'll try to look for another way. But for now, we have to rest and then tomorrow, we'll continue searching for her."Valent said. We're currently staying sa isang hotel and we decided to take two rooms, one for us boys and then one for us. I also paid for it since I feel like its the only thing I can do.

"Hindi ako makatulooog. Ang daming problema, Vice pres. Isa lang naman tayong maliit na club ha. Bakit kailangang mangyari sa atin to?"Jovian, who's lying on his bed right now asked.

"Maybe this is our fate. Who knows?"Valent's fixing his luggage naman.

"How about Shan's fate? She's not supposed to be Lucifer's vessel or be killed by us. She deserves to continue living with us. Why does this have to be this way?"I askedas I get more frustrated. I keep on asking myself more questions. Questions after questions. But no answers.

"What if there's no other way?"Jovian asked, extremely worried.

"We gotta do what we gotta do."Valent said that sent shivers down my spine. I can't believe he said it. He's... Tanya's friend.

"We still have time to plan and research. Seven more nights before the full moon."he added.

"Dapat umamin ka na agad, mr. ssg president."Jovian chirped in which made my forehead crease.

"Huh?"

"That you like pres! It's pretty obvious!"and then he smiled sheepishly.

Do I really like her?I know these past days, I'm being weird especially towards her but...does that really mean I like her?

I mean, I do date girls way back then. Some are nice, some are not. But it wasn't the same feeling as I have with Tanya. Damn, maybe this wasn't just "like"?

"Shut up."

"Sus. Halata naman."pang-aasar pa niya.

"Just like how you like Xzoria?"it's my turn to tease him. He suddenly fell silent, obviously he do.

"You should confess now Jovian, especially now that Xzoria needs support from someone."Valent said.

"Wait, ngayon? Bat ang bilis naman?"

"She needs you. It might sound like you're taking advantage of the situation and yeah it is but she needs a crying shoulder right now. And you can give her that."sabat ko naman.

He glared at both of us. "If I got rejected, tangina niyong dalawa."

"If you got rejected, treat us some wine. I would like some."Valent teased which made me smile and Jovian frown.

"Ophi's parents will be here at any minute. And then you can visit her after that."

"Oo na, oo na. Basta talaga."banta pa nito sa amin.

Jovian's POV,

Aish, bakit ba kasi ako pinipilit ng mga ulupong na to?Pwede namang pagkatapos na ng lahat. Tama nga ba talagang timing ngayon?

Xzoria's walls are pretty high. She won't let anyone enter her life without assessing them well. Dahil doon, hindi pa siya nagkaroon ng boyfriend. Bukod pa doon, focus din siya masyado sa club at sa studies kaya nagdadalawngisip ako. May chance nga ba talaga ako?

Kakatok na sana ako pero ibinaba ko ulit ang kamay ko. I'm not sure. I don't think I can take this rejection easily lalo na kung galing sa kanya.

But, again, it's her. And it's worth giving a shot.

Kakatok na sana ako ulit nang bumukas na ng kusa ang pinto.

"Wala si Ophi, umuwi na."Dire-diretso niyang saad saka isasara na sana ang pinto nang pigilan ko siya.

"Wait, can we talk?"she looked at me before sighing.

"Pasok."

I immediately entered to their room and close the door. I scanned it for a while as she took a sit on their mini couch. It's pretty small, unlike ours since mag-isa lang naman siya but then it's just the same style as ours.

"Tutulala ka nalang ba?"bumalik ang atensyon ko kay Xzoria na nagtatakang nakatingin sa akin. I awkwardly smiled before I took a sit on well, the floor.

"Anong sasabihin mo?"

"I know you're worried about Shan—"

"Aren't we all are?"

"But I know how close you are to her. She's more than just a friend. She's like a sister to you. And I know you'll just bottling everything inside now."

She sighed but remained calm. "What's your point?"

"You know you can tell everything to us naman di ba?You know you can cry?You don't have to act strong all the time. Let us help you."I stood up when a tear fell on her face.

"I don't want her to die. Especially not in our hands. I can't. I don't wanna."and then she sobbed.

Hindi ko alam but I found myself hugging her while patting her back subtly. "We won't okay?Makakasama pa natin si Tanya. We'll continue our lives well after this. Everything will be alright."

"We're dealing with Lucifer. How can we defeat him. I can't even save Ophi way back. I'm so useless. I thought I can at least do something but I—"

"Xzoria. Stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault and I'm sure pres would say that too. And you're not fucking useless. You're our nerd. You knew so much that it helps us solve cases. This one was just a tougher one. But I know we can do it."

"Do you think I really did something good?I wasn't even able to save my parents."

"But you did save me. And everyone else. Xzoria, I could've been there hanging out with a bunch of bad guys but when you found me and introduced me to the club, everything changed. My perspective in life changed. You did save me. So please, stop belittling yourself. You're way special for that ."

"I don't know you can be this serious."she joked while wiping her tears.

"Maybe it's because I really like you."

She froze and I just smiled. "Pardon?"

"I like you Xzoria. And if this...ends, after all of this I hope you'll give me a chance."

She closed her eyes trying to think of what to say. "You proved yourself already. But I still want you to suffer so."

"Vicious."

"Well malas mo, ako pinili mo e."and then we both start laughing.

---