19: Dealing with the Devil

3rd Person's POV,

Flashback...

"Are you sure Tanya will be safe?"tanong ng isang ginang na mukhang nasa mid twenties pa lamang pero ang totoo ay nasa limampu na ang edad niya.

Nginitian siya ng isang lalaking naka formal attire at nakasalamin. "Huwag kang mag-alala. Pinangako ko kay Louie na aalagaan ko kayong mag-ina. Malaki ang utang na loob ko sa kanya. Plus he's my best friend too."

"Salamat talaga."napatingin si Layla sa anak niyang mahimbing na natutulog ngayon sa kanyang bisig. Somehow, her baby sleeping gave her peace. Na balang araw, mamumuhay sila ng normal, gaya ng ibang mga tao. Na balang araw, hindi na nila kailangang magtago, at tatanggapin na sila ng buong buo. Katulad ng pagtanggap ni Louie sa kanya.

Inilapag na niya si Tanya sa crib saka iniayos ang ilang gamit nila. Naglakad naman papalapit ang lalaki sa bata saka tinitigan ito.

Soriel touched the infant's forehead causing her to wake up. She was about to cry but when she looked at the man's eyes, she stopped. It looks like she was mesmerized by its eyes. Something in it made her look at it longer.

Layla suddenly felt a bit uncomfortable. She knew something's wrong but shrug it off. It's probably her adjusting to new place.

Little did she knew that the moment she said yes, the deal was sealed. Soriel did well hiding his identity. With Tanya's body, he'll be more powerful than ever. He just gotta wait.

The vessel he's in is useless. He can't use any of his powers because the body might never handle it. So he needed a new vessel to reign the humanity and everything living in the planet. Someone who's body is strong to handle his power.

And that's Tanya.

Perfect time and place and she'll be perfect. But first, she gotta earn her trust first.

"If you need anything, feel free to call me okay?"Soriel said to Layla which she happily nodded. Soriel left the room and told the maids to get everything they want. Mabuti nalang at mayamang tao ito dahil hindi na niya yata maaatim kung wala na ngang kwenta ang katawan kung nasaan siya, hindi pa marangya ang buhay na tinatamasa niya.

But soon.

Oh he can't wait.

"Uncle!Uncle!"Tanya, being ten years old but does look like five ran towards him.

He suddenly smile. He has to stage an act or else he wouldn't gain her trust. "Yes, Tanya?"

"Is that true na mommy and I will leave here?"He clenched his fists while trying to still look pleasant in front of the innocent kid. He really thought Layla's a fool. Turns out she found out his real identity. He doesn't know how, and hw wouldn't wanna know.

"We'll talk later and then we'll see, okay?"

Tanya happily nodded before running back to play with the maids. He really have to talk to Layla. She doesn't need to know this right now. Not yet. It's still too early.

"Layla. What's happening?"he asked pretending he doesn't know anything.

"Aalis na kami rito. Salamat sa tulong mo, Soriel o kung sino ka man pero hanggang doon lang yon. Kung gusto mo ng kapalit katulad nila handa kong ibigay, pero hindi na kami magtatagal ni Tanya rito."saad ni Layla habang nagi-impake.

"Layla naman. Ano ba ang sinasabi mo?"

"Alam ko na kung ano ka, demonyo. Hindi mo na kami mauuto ng anak ko."

His eyes turned red without him controlling it. He has no control on his eyes, but he still have patience to deal with this. "The deal was sealed the moment you said yes, Layla. Wala ka nang magagawa."

"Meron pa. Hahanap ako ng paraan."

He can't help but smirk. "Okay then, leave. But when the right time comes, I'll go take back what's mine. Deal is a deal, Layla. Remember that."