The Forest

Hello and welcome to my new story. If you want the next chapter for HoT, don't worry because I'm working on it. Just be warned that my focus will be split between this book and HoT after the next chapter.

Also, a warning for this book: I WILL be putting scenes some would consider cruel and absolutely disgusting. I'm not sorry if I hurt your feelings or make you disgusted because that's what I'm trying to do.

___________________

I woke in a cold sweat. I tried to recall the dream, and I succeeded in a way. I would get flashes of it as it raced through my mind.

The pale man, the blade in my hand, the words spoken. Those came to me at full force. The man seemed like a stranger and yet I knew him. He was another guy in my class, it's hard to miss him with that pale face not even a mother would love. His name was Konrad, don't know what his last name is though.

'But why did he call me Lion? What did I do to earn that title or name?' Thoughts raced across my mind as I tried to find a solution. Konrad was strange yes, but that man seemed like a complete psycho. Nothing like the Konrad I know. The only thing strange about him was his sense of justice and that he gave off a weird vibe when it was quiet.

'That sword,' the thought went across my mind, 'It seems familiar, but where have I seen it? It had a weird glow around it, kinda like heat waves. But what sword produces heat waves? It shouldn't even be possible!'

I was broken out of my thoughts when an alarm went off. Looking at it I saw the time and realized I still had about an hour before I had to leave for school. I sighed to myself as I started grabbing my uniform to iron and some clothes to wear underneath it.

I silently stepped into the shower and turned on the water. I felt a cold sensation wash over me as water pelted my skin. I just washed my hair and body in a timely manner before getting out and drying myself. I checked the time again and noticed that I had about 53 minutes left before I had to leave. So I started laundry and making myself both lunch and breakfast.

'20 minutes, huh.' I thought as I left my apartment, making sure my door was locked. I walked the streets as I made my way towards school, going as slow as I can to enjoy the walk. I was in high school and was a, as the Americans would say, a Junior. All I had to do was pass this year, then focus on making it to college after my last year. Not hard for someone like me. Just take the day by the horns and everything will be fine, as long as you know what you're doing anyways.

I don't really have friends, besides Konrad and maybe one other person, but that didn't really matter to me. I might not see these people ever again after high school, hell some may die early and I rather not have to face grief. I wasn't bothered by being alone. I've been alone for almost my entire life. Parents left me at an orphanage to do who knows what, no one wanted to become my friend since they thought I was bad luck, not that I can blame them, and I've been living by myself for about 4 years now. The power of doing odd jobs and saving money since I was 5. I've also always been quiet, extremely quiet. Some people get unnerved so easily by me, all because I prefer to talk when it's needed and not wanted.

I kept walking, even as I heard footsteps behind me. I didn't look back as a pale figure ran past me like a man possessed. I just watched him run through the school gates as I just made my way through them slowly.

Everything seemed off. Sure nothing looked different or seemed different, but my instincts were screaming at me to be cautious of my actions. That alone put me on edge. The only time I get this feeling is when danger is close. I don't know why I have this skill, but it's definitely helped through the years.