27

Tw: blood, hospitals, yelling but not a lot

Buck pov

Maddie and bobby talk with me all the way to the hospital telling me to stay awake.

"Mads im fine." I can tell maddie was crying and might still be crying she's pretty good at hiding it but i know how to tell when someones hiding the fact that they were crying.

"I know buck. Im glad you are." She says her voice breaking.

We pull up to the hospital and the paramedics take me out of the ambulance.

"30 year old male not on any medication got a cast removed from his leg yesterday. The patient is coughing up blood and passed out from doing so. Heart rate is slightly elevated and oxygen is normal." The paramedic recites.

"Patient name?" The doctors at the hospital ask the paramedic.

"Evan Buckley." Bobby responds.

The doctors take me to a room and bobby and maddie follow behind.

The doctors do a bunch of tests.

Breathing tests

Tests on how my leg is feeling

Its test after test after test

X-rays and CT scans

After what felt like forever of doing tests the doctors leave the room to get my results.

While the doctor is gone I apologize to bobby and maddie.

"Im sorry for scaring you guys. And im sorry if i got blood on anything bobby."

"Its not a problem Buck Athena knows a trick to get blood out of things so if you did it's fine." Bobby says

I smile at bobby

"Buck why didnt you tell me or someone that your leg had been hurting? The doctor said that if something felt wrong to immediately do something about it."

"I did immediately do something about it."

"What did you do?"

"I took a bunch of Tylenol and Advil."

"Buck that's not what i meant."

"I thought i pulled something. Or maybe thats how its supposed to feel after a surgery and having a cast on for 2 months."

"Pain should not be felt after about 2 weeks after surgery and after a cast being taken off it should never hurt."

"It's fine maddie im fine."

"But if this had happened while you were alone buck. You could've died."

"But i didnt maddie im right here."

"Buck this isn't funny." Maddie says as she walks out of the room.

Bobby starts to stand.

"Don't, just leave her. She'll be fine. She'll come back."

Bobby mutters an ok and sits back down

The doctor walks in not too long after with some x-rays and other papers.

"So mr.Buckley. I got some of your test results."

"Just buck is fine."

"Ok buck. You had a blood clot in your lung. And when we did the CT we found 2 more in your leg."

"Do you know what caused them?" Bobby asks

"Not yet but we would like to run a couple more tests if thats alright with you buck."

"Can i think about it for a while?"

"Sure for right now we're going to put you on some blood thinners to prevent more clots from forming."

I thank the doctor as she's walking out of the room.

As the doctor opens the door maddie is standing outside.

The doctor leaves the room and maddie walks in.

Bobby explains what happened to maddie.

Maddie tries to scold me again for not telling anyone i was in pain but bobby stops her.

Bobby and maddie leave the room bobby tells me their going to get some food and if i want anything.

I tell them no thanks and text my friends.

I update them on what the doctors said and what the action plan is for right now.

As im messaging with my friends a doctor walks in the room

"Hello buck how are you feeling?"

"I would say fine but it seems like no one believes that so take to that what you will."

"Ok buck. Have you decided about the tests."

"Yeah ill do them."

"Ok perfect thank you buck. So we're going to keep you here for a couple days while we run tests and see how the blood thinners work."

"Sounds good."

The doctor leaves and im on my own again.

Thanks for reading this chapter! I am not a medical professional so dont come at me if something is incorrect.

Also if you watched the show you might know where im going with this storyline.

Word count: 742