2

The timeline for this chapter is a bit weird because i wrote it in a weird order

Tw: angst lots and lots of angst, drinking, substance use, slight mention of like blowing up (the episode where buck and Eddie take a grenade out of a guys leg), fighting, and maybe more but these are the main ones

Bobby pov

We had just gotten back from the house fire call. Everyone was tired including myself.

We all take showers and I cook lunch.

Its just something simple but still a good meal. 

After lunch I call buck into my office.

"Hey cap whats up?" He says as he walks in

"Sit i want to talk to you about something."

He sits seeming hesitant.

"Buck i have noticed that since this morning you haven't been your usual buck self. And i want to know why. But im not going to force you to talk to me. You don't have to talk to me but you do need to talk to someone. I dont care if its me one of your friends or a therapist I don't know why you've been acting off but i need it to be fixed."

"What do you mean ive been acting different?"

"Since this morning you haven't been talking much or doing anything reckless on calls. You've been ignoring everyone buck and thats not like you."

"Im just tired bobby."

"And theres another thing you never call me bobby. Whats wrong buck? Please be honest."

"Its nothing!" He says and stands up he walks out of the room. I hear as his footsteps fade.

After i can no longer hear his footsteps i walk out of my office and go to find him.

I find him in the locker room sitting on a bench with his hands covering his face.

"Buck?" I say

He lifts his head and immediately puts it back down into his hands.

"I don't want to talk bobby."

"Buck im not leaving and neither are you. We're going to finsih this conversation before the end of shift weather you like it or not."

"What do you want bobby?"

"I want you to talk to me buck."

"Whats there to talk about i already told you im fine."

"Buck you aren't fine you're lashing out and running away from conversations. This isn't like you. You're avoiding me, hen and chim which never happens."

"Im fine bobby just having an off day."

"Exactly and i want to figure out why you're having an off day. Buck i care about you and so do many other people we want to listen to you. We would prefer to listen to you than have you be lashing out and angry at us."

"It's nothing you can fix. Its something i have to get over and stop pouting about. Im acting like a child and i know that I promise you im fine and im working on it."

"Buck you shouldn't have to work on things alone. Me and all your friends are here to work on things with you."

"Bobby would you stop saying that?! You aren't here and none of my friends are either. If you and my friends cared we wouldn't be having this conversation right now."

"Buck i promise you we care."

he stands up again and walks out again.

I stay in the locker room for a while until someone comes in.