22

Italics are thoughts

Tw: anxious thoughts (kind of)

Buck pov

I get out of bed and get ready to go to the zoo with Chris and Eddie.

I love the zoo.

I haven't been in a while but when i was kid it was one of my favourite places to be.

Maddie would take me sometimes while we'd walk I'd tell her a bunch of facts about the zoo and about the animals.

I know she never actually payed any attention to my facts but she made an effort to make it seem like she was listening which younger me appreciated.

I still have all the facts burned in my mind.

Im still getting to know Eddie and Chris so you should keep your facts to yourself they don't care and they'll think you're annoying if you keep talking about the animals

I continue getting ready.

I walk out of my room and make a small late lunch.

I put two pieces of bread in the toaster.

I pop the pieces off toast out of the toaster a little early and put peanut butter on them.

I sit on my couch and put my headphones in.

I go to try and find my music app and quickly remember that hen deleted it.

I guess I hadn't missed it as much as i thought i was going to.

I take out my headphones and put them back in their case.

I check the time on my phone.

2:45pm

I have 15 minutes

I open eddies contact and send him a text.

Me:
Hey do you want me to pick up you and Chris are you guys going to pick me up or are we driving separately?

Eddie:
We could pick you up if you wanted

Me:
Yeah that works great heres my address 1234 lemon brick road

Eddie:
Great we'll see you soon'

I finish my toast and play a game on my phone until i get a text from Eddie saying he's in my driveway waiting

I get in the passenger seat say hi to Chris and Eddie.

We start driving to the zoo.

Once we get there Eddie parks the car.

We get out of the car. While eddie helps Chris get out i grab a couple of things out of the back of his truck.

We walk to the entrance and show the lady our tickets.

She lets us into the zoo.

We start walking around.

Chris starts pointing out animals and going further ahead of me and Eddie.

After about an hour and a half we made it through the entire zoo.

For a break we stop in the cafe its polar bear themed and has a playground.

We didnt go into the play ground but we got some cute polar bear shaped pretzels at the cafe.

We ate the pretzels and went back to find Eddie's car in the parking lot.

We get in the car and Eddie starts to pull out of the parking lot.

When we pull on to the highway i ask Eddie.

"Would you and Chris like to have an early dinner with me? We could find a restaurant on the way back and I'll pay."

"Yeah that'd be nice."

We stop at a chicken chef.

For some reason Eddie asks what their soup specials of the day are and our waitress tells him that the manager said the chef wasn't allowed to make soup because it's too hot for soup.

Eddie was disappointed but he found something else instead.

Chris got the kids chicken fingers i got pancakes and Eddie got a chicken pizza.

Overall id say this was a really nice day

besides that stupid dream

Thanks for reading this chapter! i kind of like it but at the same time idk. If you dont know what chicken chef is it's basically what it sounds like they specialize in chicken based meals but they do have other food i think out of the maybe 5 times ive been there ive gotten chicken once. (Chicken chef might be a Canadian thing im not sure)

Word count: 687