Back to the Dursleys

Harry's POV

I received a letter from Dumbledore this morning saying that I have to go back to the Dursleys for at least a 2 weeks during the summer. I went to get some parchment and ink to write back asking when would I be leaving. Then I got Hedwig and tied the letter to her leg. "Can you deliver it to Dumbledore please" I said. Then I opened the window and she left.

Just then I saw Mr. and Mrs. Weasley go out of the study. I guess they are saying their farewells before Mr. Weasley goes to work. Then I went looking for the rest. I found them in the dining room. I sat in between Lucy and Ron who was gulfing down food.

"What's wrong Harry" I heard Hermione ask. "Nothing important" I lied. Just then Remus, Sirius, Peter, and Edmund came in. Sirius went and gave Hermione, Susan, and Lucy a kiss on the forehead. "So what are you all gonna do today" asked Remus.

"Ummm well Susan, Edmund, and I were gonna explore the library" Hermione said. "Lucy and I were gonna go grocery shopping with mum. If that's alright with you Sirius" asked Ginny. "Please dad can I go" said Lucy with her puppy eyes. "Alright you can go" Sirius said. "Thank you. Thank you." Lucy said running to Sirius and giving him a kiss on the cheek then running to Remus and doing the same.

"Can I talk to both of you later" I whispered to Sirius and he nodded back. When breakfast was over we went to the study. "What's wrong Harry" asked Remus. I took out the letter and gave it to him. "He can't make you go back there" Sirius said angrily. "He doesn't have a choice" said Remus putting the letter down on the table.

"Only if you could stay here with us as your legal guardians" said Sirius exasperated. "Well if you weren't being hunted down by the dementors" I said. "What if you weren't" said Remus all of a sudden. "What do you mean" asked Sirius.

"What if we can prove your innocence to the ministry with our memories and prove that Peter is still alive and that he was the one who betrayed Lily and James" said Remus in one breath. "You're right, but who could I trust in the ministry to not turn me in" asked Sirius. "Amelia Bones" said Remus. "Who is she" I asked.

"She is the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement" said Sirius. "Is she trustworthy enough to not stab us in the back" I asked. "She is fair and she will listen to what we have to say. She is a good person" Remus said. "She is known to be just and impartial. She is that good" said Sirius.

"Let me write her a letter to see if she would allow us to reopen the case. I will send her a bit of my memories to show her we are telling the truth" said Remus. "All right then" I said heading towards the door. "And Harry..." began Remus. "Don't tell Dumbledore. We still don't know if we should tell him yet" he said and I nodded.

When I left the study I went upstairs to my room. I opened the door, went in, and laid on my bed. I thought about how it would be if Sirius would be free. He would be able to go anywhere. Be able to spend time with Peter, Ed, Lucy, Susan, and Hermione.

They would all live together. Would I be able to be part of that? Would I be able to be part of something like that someday without causing them trouble? I heard a knock at the door that took me out of my thoughts. Hermione came through the door. I sat up and she sat beside me. "Harry is something bothering you" she asked.

"Nothing in particular" I lied. "Harry, I know you better than anyone and i know when you are lying" she said with her eyebrow raised. I sighed and told her everything from the letter to what Sirius and Remus said. When I finished she brought me into a hug. When it happened my heart skipped a beat.

Just then there was a knock on the door and Susan came in. "I'm sorry to interrupt but Edmund and I are heading to the library" Susan said. "I'm on my way" Hermione said excitedly. "You are welcome to come Harry if you wish" said Susan. "No it's alright I have some plans with Peter and Ron" I said. "Well see you later then" Hermione said.