Duff Mckagan- Take a Break

I groaned and rested my head against the table, trying my hardest to forget about the notebook and pencil that was in front of me. "Fucking, Axl. Putting me on fucking lyric duty while he goes off and goes something fucking stupid." I mumbled.

Axl had put me on lyric duty because he was too busy to do it himself, and that's how I ended up in this situation. Slumped over at my desk, exhausted beyond belief, and unable to write anything.

A low chuckle from behind me snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned around to see Duff standing there, an amused smile on his face. "I don't think I've ever heard you swear that much in one sentence, my love." He said, crouching down beside my chair and brushing the hair out of my face. "What's got you so down, huh?"

"Axl put me on lyric duty again, and I can't think of anything else. I'm tired and stressed." I told him honestly.

Duff nodded in understanding and leaned over to give me a quick kiss on the forehead before he got up and offered me a hand. "Come on, beautiful. We're going to cuddle and you're gonna get some much needed sleep."

I pouted at him. "Duffy, I have to finish this or Axl will have my throat."

"Let me worry about Axl, and besides, your sanity is more important than the band." Duff reassured me.

I sighed and took his hand as he led me to our bedroom and sat me down on the bed. Duff then walked over to the closet and retrieved one of his shirts and a pair of my pajama shorts. "I know how much you like wearing my clothes." He smiled and helped me change.

Once I was changed, Duff laid down on our bed with his back against the headboard and opened his arms, beckoning for me to come cuddle with him.

I let out a soft laugh at the sight of him. His bleach-blonde hair a mess, his arms wide open for me to lay on him, and his eyes twinkling with love and affection.

As I climbed into Duff's arms, I placed my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his midsection. I felt Duff slip one of his hands under the back of the shirt I was wearing and start to rub my back, relaxing me even further. My eyes began to drop closed, but I fought back. I guess Duff noticed this because he started talking. "You're exhausted, my love. Just let yourself fall asleep, it's okay." He told me, his voice soft and slightly raspy.

I hummed in response and let my eyes drop closed, snuggling further into his chest and drifting to sleep.

I knew Axl would be upset with me for not finishing the lyrics on time, but Duff was right, my sanity was way more important than the band.

~THE END~

My brother just read a Titanic x Ocean Gate submarine smut fanfic. We're both extremely scarred.