Kobra Kid- Tricky Thing Called Trust

Note:
The Killjoys name is DeathStorm, their real name is Storm. Happy reading!

          Storms POV
I made my way back to the diner, exhausted after a long day of raiding abandoned shops and fighting off Dracs. As I walked in, I was greeted by Kobra sprinting towards me and tackling me to the ground, his red ray gun ready to shoot at any moment.

"I have a good sense of people, Storm, and something about you doesn't sit right with me. Until I find out what it is, I can't trust you." He said, holding my wrists tightly.

I groaned and kicked him where it hurts. He let go of me for a moment, giving me just enough time to flip him over and pin him under my hold. "First of all, if you ever pull a stunt like that again, I will do way more than kick you in the balls. Second of all, I don't have to tell you anything, Kobra. So do us all a favor and stop prying before you regret it."

I shot him a glare before getting off of him and walking to my makeshift room. I flopped down onto the couch cushions that used as a bed and looked up at the ceiling.

In just two months I'd managed to escape from BL/ind, join the Fabulous Killjoys, and keep my past a secret from everyone else.
Kobra Kid was always suspicious of me, and I didn't blame him, I wasn't exactly the most open person.

I sighed and rolled over, trying to fall asleep before I started overthinking again.
I heard the door open. Whoever it was, was clearly trying, and failing, to be stealthy.
I didn't turn over or even acknowledge the presence in my room until I felt them sit down at the edge of my "bed."

"Look, I'm sorry. I guess I should've been more-" Kobra started, only to have me cut him off.

"No, I'm the one that should be apologizing, I haven't been honest with you and you deserve to know the truth." I sat up and turned to him. "You have to promise me something though. Promise me that you won't tell anyone, not until I'm ready."

He nodded, "I promise, I'm not going to betray your trust like that."

I rolled up my sleeves. This was it, the moment of been dreading ever since I'd escaped from BL/ind. Kobra's eyes widened as he looked at the scars on my arms, the ones left from the agents. "I was captured by BL/ind years ago, they tried to wipe my memory and make me one of them. Fortunately, I'm a stubborn little shit who refused to let the other Killjoys down." I could feel tears prick in my eyes as the memories came flooding back. "That's why I hide from everyone else, because I'm scared of getting hurt again..."

I couldn't even look at Kobra out of fear of breaking down in front of him. Silence fell upon us, but the awkwardness was quickly broken when Kobra Kid leaned forward and pulled me into a tight hug.
Tears streamed down my cheeks as I hugged back, "I'm so sorry..." he whispered in my ear, his voice cracking. "But your safe now, I promise, no one will ever hurt you again."

I sniffed, burying my face in his neck. "I should've told you sooner but I-"

He cut me off. "Shh... No, you didn't have to tell me anything. I should've been more patient and let you tell me on your own terms. I was an asshole."

I smiled, "I forgive you, now let's stop apologizing before we end up trying to kill each other again."

"I love you so much, Death Storm." Kobra said, pecking my lips.

"Love you too, Kobra Kid." I replied, wrapping my arms back around him.

                           ~THE END~