They would lay in Max's twin sized bed for days on end, Austin only spoke when he was telling his mom a memory about the boy. Cries eventually turned to laughter as they came to terms that while it was tragic, Max was in a better place now.

Jenn always wondered how it would be to see her sons grow up together, but because of her husband, she couldn't have that feeling.

Everyday, she thought about Max.

She channeled her sadness into happiness, barely having enough tears to cry anymore. Constantly doing her best to smile, baking the cookies he adored and treating Austin with twice as much love.

He didn't hate it, but he didn't particularly like coming home to his mother faking half of her happiness.

Ryder places a hand on his cheek, forcing him to look down at her. She saw his eyes water, lips turning downwards.

"It's okay." She nodded, watching his shoulder shake, "You can cry."

•••

"You guys okay?" Stiles asked, brows pinched in worry as he saw Austin's flushed cheeks and Ryder's down turned expression.

Austin nodded, his smile a little more genuine than if he would've smiled at him a few minutes ago. "What's going on?"

"We're waiting on—"

"Sheriff?"

Their heads turn at the sound of Scott's voice, walking towards him. They freeze at the sight of Matt Daehler standing there, gun in hand as he pointed it at Noah.

"Matt? It's Matt, right? Matt, whatever's going on, I guarantee you there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun."

"You know, it's funny you say that, because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are." Matt smirked, eyeing Ryder, the girl forcing herself to stand in front of Stiles and Austin.

Sheriff held his hands up, "I know you don't wanna hurt people."

"Actually, I wanna hurt a lot of people. You five weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded. And one way is to try dialing somebody on your cell phone, like McCall is doing." His voice raised, "That - that could definitely get someone hurt. Phones. Everyone. Now!"

They listened, the boys more frantic in getting it done than Ryder was. She moved slow, much to Matt's annoyance. She was purposefully drawing his attention and anger onto her. Ryder knew what she was going was risky, but it seemed she had a habit for risking her life for people.

She hardly reacts when he shoves her forward, urging her to move quicker.

"Can you relax?"

She listened as Matt demanded for Stiles to handcuff his dad in a cell.

"Tighter."

"Do what he says, Stiles." The older Stilinski said, wincing as Stiles listened.

"What, are you gonna kill everyone in here?"

"No, that's what Jackson's for. I just think about killing them, and he does it."

"How cute is that?" Ryder chuckled, rolling her eyes as Matt tugged her towards him. "Hi, Matt."

"Hi, Ryder." He smiled, placing the gun against her temple, "Your slick attitude and snide comments are gonna get you hurt."

She nodded, pushing her lips out teasingly, "Then you should probably take the safety off."

•••

"Deleted. And we're done. All right, so, Matt, since all the people you brutally murder deserved it because they killed you first - whatever that means - I think we're good here, right? So I'll just get my dad, and we'll go, you know? You continue on the whole vengeance thing. Enjoy the kanima."

The sound of a car approaching sent the teens into a frenzy, "Sounds like your mom's here, McCall."

"Matt, don't do this. When she comes to the door, I'll just tell her to leave. I'll tell her we didn't find anything. Please, Matt." Scott pleaded, his wishes going unfulfilled as Matt gestured with the gun,

"If you don't move - now, I'm gonna kill Stiles first, and then your mom, then Austin." He chuckled, "And then I'll have my fun with Ryder."

He shot a wink in her direction, her eyes glowing in return. Matt held a hand up as Jackson (the kanima) hissed at the girl. He was unaware of the harsh glare he was getting from Austin.

"Open it." He pointed to the door.

Scott hesitated, "Please."

"Open the door."

He complied, sighing a relief as Derek stood there. However, Ryder immediately noticed the stiffness in his body and the way his eyes darted to her in guilt.

"Oh, thank God."

Derek fell, landing face first on the ground, "This is the one controlling him? This kid?"

"Well, Derek, not everyone's lucky enough to be a big, bad werewolf. Oh, yeah, that's - that's right. I've learned a few things lately. Werewolves, hunters, kanimas. Full wolves." He directed his last words to Ryder, who ignored his words as she picked up a very familiar scent.

"It's like a frickin' Halloween party every full moon. Except for you two. What do you turn into?"

Austin didn't answer him, instead eyeing the way his girlfriend perked up.

"Abominable snowman. But, uh, it's more of, like, a wintertime thing, you know, seasonal."

Stiles' sarcastic comment didn't slide as Matt gestures for the kanima to hit him.

"You bitch."

"Get him off of me." Derek demanded:

"Oh, I don't know, Derek. I think you two make a pretty good pair. It must kinda suck, though, to have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless."

"Still got some teeth. Why don't you get down here a little closer, huh? We'll see how helpless I am."

Stiles' voiced cracked as he backed the man up, "Yeah, bitch."

Ryder's eyes shut as she locked eyes with Scott, both teens sharing a look of panic.

"Is that her? Do what I tell you to and I won't hurt her. I won't even let Jackson near her."

"Scott, don't trust him!"

A woman stumbled into the room.

"Oh." Matt faltered, "You're not Scott's mom."

Ramona squinted. A squint that had the Daehler laughing out loud, "But God is the resemblance uncanny."

"Ryder—"

"Is a pain in my ass." Matt cut in, "Did you teach her those manners, Mrs. Miller?"

Ryder stepped forward, pushing the gun away from her mother's face.

"Don't get your ass kicked, Daehler."

Austin winced, "Ry." His movements got him in the same position as Stiles. His body hitting the ground as Jackson whipped a tail to his neck.

Matt tilted his head, pressing a foot to Stiles' neck, listening to the chocking sounds he gained from the action, "This work better for ya?"

"Okay, just stop! Stop!" Scott shouted.

"Then do what I tell you to."

"Okay. All right. Stop!"

"You, take 'em in there. You - with me." Matt directed.

Ramona gripped Ryder's hands, walking ahead of the kanima as it carried Derek, Austin and Stiles,

"Are you okay?"

"We're fine, ma."

"Good." Ramona nodded, "Because after this, i am going to kill you."