He catches my mouth with his own, kissing me slowly in a way that makes me weak in the knees.

"You can't be saying things like that," he says, out of breath between our kisses.

"Why not?" Then I kiss him harder. His hands slip underneath the hems of my shorts, fingers sinking into me as he pins me against him with force.

"Because I'm not strong enough to stop myself right now."

It feels like my body has been set on fire, every inch burning with desire. My stomach dips and I'm starting to sweat and ... I realize that I desperately need him.

"So don't."

It's all he needs to hear. Within seconds he switches positions, rolling us over so that I'm underneath the weight of his body.

I feel something between my legs as he kisses me, his mouth trailing kisses down my chest as I keep my legs and arms around him. The ache follows quickly after that.

"Fuck, Layla," he whispers, pulling away slightly, breathing hard. "Is this what you want?"

I nod quickly. "Yes."

He reaches for the hem of my T-shirt and I help him pull it off. Heat pools between my legs when he looks down at my body like he's hungry. Like he wants every inch of me.

He can have me. He can have all of me.

Then he reaches for the drawstring of my sweat shorts inside the waistband. He undoes them, his knuckles brushing against my stomach. The sensation is almost too much for me.

"Beautiful. So fucking beautiful," he says, slowly sliding the shorts down my legs. "I'm gonna make you feel so good, baby, I promise."

My stomach flutters and the ache grows at his words. He pulls my shorts off each ankle and tosses them away. Then he places himself between my legs again, pressing against me. I can feel him. I can feel every inch of his growing desire.

I tighten my legs around him and groan as his lips come down on mine again.

I can't keep quiet when his hand slips underneath the band of my bra.

"Sh," he warns, breaking away from my mouth. "You have to be quiet. Can you do that for me?"

I nod again, eager to feel him against me. I hold my breath as his kisses travel lower, down my chest, down my stomach all the way to the waistband of my underwear.

I sit up on my elbows. "Grayson?" This is unfamiliar territory for me. Very unfamiliar.

He hooks his hands into the fabric. "Do you trust me?"

"Of course."

He lets out a breath. "Good," he whispers, placing soft, warm kisses on my inner thigh. "You're mine, Layla." He stops, then he pulls the fabric down. And when he starts to do his thing, I have to cover my mouth to be quiet.

— — —

A knock on the door wakes us both up. I'm wearing only my bra and underwear and I panic at the sound.

Grayson is next to me, on his stomach. The beautiful lines of his back are on display. I wish I could sit down and study them in the morning light.

"Grayson?" Grandpa says. "Can I come in?"

Grayson sighs and gets up, his hair messy and his eyes groggy. "Um ... now is not a good time, David."

He picks my clothes up off the floor and hands them to me.

"Oh. Okay. Well, everyone is here and breakfast is almost ready. I thought I'd let you know. I'm gonna head over to Layla's room and let her know."

I throw my clothes on like there's no tomorrow.

"Fuck," Grayson whispers to himself, then he says out loud, "Don't bother."

"Oh." There's a pause. I hate that there's a pause. "All right." Grandpa's footsteps retreat.

Grayson chuckles as I cover my face with my hands. He walks over to me. "Your shirt is on backward, baby," he smiles, wrapping his arms around my back.

"I'm mortified," I mumble, peeking at him through my fingers.

"Be cool," he says softly, pulling my hands away from my face. "He thinks you just slept here." Then a stupid smirk takes over his mouth. "Unless everyone heard you moaning."

I reach for a pillow and smack him with it. "Jackass. You're not funny."

He rips it out of my hand and whacks me with it repeatedly. I start laughing. He pulls me back down onto the bed with him, tickling me.

"Grayson, stop!" I giggle.

He stops, his eyes turning serious as he looks at my neck.

"Jesus, Layla. He hurt you really bad."

I haven't even had a chance to look at myself yet.

"I'm fine."

He narrows his eyes. "No, you're not."

I sit up. He follows. I look at him, all serious. "Promise me that you'll let the police deal with this."

He turns his head away. "I can't promise you that."

"Grayson, please. This isn't something small. This is big and dangerous. We don't know what Liam is capable of. And you have a future to look forward to. Don't do anything that can compromise that just for me."

His hot gaze turns to me. "You are my future. And my past. And my present. You are all I look forward to, okay? And I have to protect you."

"Please, Grayson?" I plead.

He shakes his head. "Come on. Let's go eat breakfast. You're probably starving."

"This is exactly what he wants. Why can't you see that?"

Grayson's face transforms, anger growing. "Fuck what he wants," he says, roughly.

He walks to the other side of the bed and grabs his shirt off the floor, throwing it over his body. He steps into his washroom. I can hear the water running. He's brushing his teeth.

I hesitate. I'm not ready for this conversation to be over but I know now is not the time.

"Are you coming?" He asks, walking out of the bathroom and standing by the door.

I quickly put my shirt on the right way. Grayson looks away as I do that. Then I walk across the room. "Okay," I sigh. "But I should brush my teeth first too. And maybe have a quick shower?"

"We don't have to go down if you don't want to."

"No," I say, looking at him. "I'm ready."

I look back at his bed. His sheets are rumpled. My cheeks heat the memory of last night. The way he made me feel good without any personal gain. And the best part is, I don't feel regret. Not one bit. Because I know he's the one for me. He always has been.

And whenever we go all the way, I won't have to worry about feeling what I shouldn't anymore.

I hope it's soon.

He smirks, knowing where my thoughts just wandered. "Well, I guess I already went down. But you know what I mean."

"Asshole," I laugh, shoving his back as he opens the door.

"Okay, Lay-Lay. Try to keep it together," he laughs, walking down the hallway.

-
(To my friends who know me irl and are reading this ... I'm sorry. But anywaysssss I hope y'all enjoy cuz I had a lot of fun writing this chapter. Layla and Grayson are my babies and I love them to pieces :) Enjoy. Don't forget to vote!!! Love yallll <3

Also I'm working OVERTIME on this book, hence the frequent updates. I really want to be able to finish it before school starts in September so fingers crossed!!)