Escape & Training

Po stood under a peach tree, which rested on top of a hill overlooking the Valley. He gazed down, noting how he couldn't even see Ping's Noodle Shop from this far up. His thoughts then strayed to his father, he was probably confused and destitute at his absence by now. Po doesn't even notice Oogway walking up to the tree with a lamp.

Oogway: I see you found the Sacred Peach Tree of Heavenly Wisdom.

Po spun around to face him, revealing that his mouth and arms were stuffed to the brim with peaches. He dropped the fruit in his arms out of shock.

 He dropped the fruit in his arms out of shock

Po: Is that what this is? I'm so sorry. I thought it was just a regular peach tree.

His speech slurred by a combination of spittle and peaches. The elderly tortoise laughed softly.

Oogway: I understand, you eat when you are upset.

Po spat out the remaining peaches in his mouth and slurred his words together.

Po: Upset? I'm not upset. Why would make you think I'm upset?"

Oogway: ...So, why are you upset?

Po sighed, realising that there was no way he could lie to the First Kung Fu Master.

Po: I Probably sucked more today than anyone in the history of Kung Fu. In the history of China. In the history of sucking!

Oogway: Probably.

Po: And the Five... man, you should have seen them. I feel like they totally hated me.

Oogway: Totally.

Po: I mean, how are Shifu and Jaune going to turn me into the Dragon Warrior?

He lifted his belly before dropping it, causing it to bounce before he stopped it with his hand.

Po: I mean, I'm not like the Five. I've got not claws. No wings. No venom. Even Mantis has those... thingies. Maybe I should just quit and go back to making noodles.

The panda sat down, with his back to Oogway, who only looked at him with pity.

Oogway: Quit, don't quit. Noodles, don't noodles.

Po looked at Oogway, confused.

Oogway: You are too concerned with what was and what will be. There's a saying: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

With this, Oogway walked away back down the steps, but not before giving the tree a tiny tap with his staff. A peach fell directly into Po's open paw. Po smiled as he watched the tortoise leave, a deep well of inspiration now filling within him.

MEANWHILE

A dire developments had begun to occur at Chor-Gom Prison. Tai Lung had been tirelessly working at the lock to his acupuncture shell, with Zheng's feather. He pushed the detached appendage swiftly, yet gently, with his tail, until he heard a series of clicks. The needles of the shell rise up and emerge form Tai Lung's skin, allowing him to inhale gently, before unsheathing his claws, finally having regained control of his arms. With a mighty flex, he burst forth from the shell, letting loose a fearsome growl.