Nina replied.

"The girl cries over everything! It's like you guys don't understand every argument we have is over Laniyah."

"Is it really? Because I do recall you telling her that if the rolls were reversed and she got pregnant you wouldn't be with her. You know how messed up that is for you to say that?"

Nina said again. Was I supposed to lie to her?

"Was I supposed to lie? I cannot see myself raising someone else's child."

"Leonard that girl loves you way more than you love her and it's sad. It's sad because eventually she's going to get tired and fed up with not being heard by you. But by that time Leonard, it's going to be way too late for you to even attempt to fix it. So you keep on destroying that girls heart."

Was all my mom said before getting up and leaving the room with Nina.

"What am I doing wrong bruh?"

I mumbled to myself sighing.

Nika pov

Currently I was in bed watching some Disney plus as well and cuddling with Oreo . Yes my puppy's name is Oreo. He was just chilling in my lap.

"Hi baby."

I heard causing me to turn towards the door and locked eyes with Leonard. He had a bunch of flowers in his hands. I sat up as he came over to me, handing me the flowers.

"What's this for?"

I asked as I got up with them in my hands.

"I can't just give you flowers?"

"You never 'just' do anything L'a..."

He sighed.

"Aight. It's an apology for how I've been treating you lately."

I sighed and put the flowers on our dresser.

"You know, there's no point if we're just going to end up in the same place tomorrow Leonard."

He truly does this all the time. It doesn't fix anything because he's choosing not to.

"I know and that's why I'm trying something new."

"New?"

I repeated confused.

"Yea, let's go outta town. Just us because I know I haven't really been spending time with you and I've been distracted. I just wanna take you out and give you all my time and show you how much I love and appreciate you."

I looked at him.

"Sounds like what you always do Leonard. How's this any different?"

"Because bro it's just going to be me and you. Just paying attention to each other. I just feel like I'm losing you bro and I don't wanna lose you man."

I avoided eye contact with him.

"Doesn't seem like it."