Back To Me

(Title taken from: Back To Me by The Rose)

"John fucking Constantine, you fucking asshole! Do you realize what you've done this time?! This time- who the fuck am I kidding?! You do this every damn time. Why- why the fuck am I even arguing with you at this point?! You always fucking do this, I- I'm fucking done with you!" Zee yells, tears stinging at her eyes.

"You're not fucking worth the energy, Constantine," she spits.

I could make you mad, I could make you scream
I could make you cry, I could make you leave

"How the fuck I ended up in your bed at any point in time is beyond me." She laughs in disbelief and smiles, gazing upwards. "I fucking hate you, John Constantine. There's no use in even trying to save you, at this point." Her hands carded through her hair, and she sighed. "John, I'm fucking done with you."

And just like that, she's gone in the poof of a spell.

I could go after her, but let's be honest, that'll not do me any good.

I can do god knows everything, but fucking forbid I don't fuck up with Zee.

I could make you hate me for everything
But I can't make you come back to me

"Another one, sir."

"Fuck you mean another one? That's your fourth tonight. I'm cutting you off."

"Bugger off, I know my damn limits."

"Not a chance."

Security, and here we go.

"You've had one too many, sir. Time for you to go home."

"Yeah, yeah."

 I can never fucking realize how much she means to me when I'm sober. Only on nights like this...

Fuck...

Remembering all of the times she was there for me... it's too fucking much.

Why can't I just love her, exhibit love like a regular fucking person. 

"Zee, Zee, no.. no!"

Bolted up awake, breathing heavily.

"John, love, it's- it's alright, babe..." I expect to hear.

I turn to my side, but she's not fucking there.

Yeah, I took it all for granted

Why did I do that...

Why didn't I love her?

Stumbled out of bed and found my phone.

I need to apologize...

"Hi, this is Zatanna Zatara. Please leave a message."

"Zee, I'm- I'm sorry for all the shit I put you through. Call me back, we can work through this..."

*

"Who the- where the fuck am..."

"Good morning, beautiful," an unfamiliar, deep voice sounded next to me. What the-

The events from last night came flashing back to me as the headache came back.

"You look a little lonely. Need some company?"