I made it to the steel door and stopped to look at it before I bit my lip. Now how am I supposed to get in..? I silently wondered, having this sinking feeling that no one was on the other side to let me in. It's a good thing that Commander had suggested for me to come early.

Even though I knew that it wasn't going to do a thing, I knocked on the door before I took a step back and waited for a second, but like I thought, no one came to the door.

I bit my lip harder and cocked my head while I stared at the door. I could just scream and act like I am in pain, I thought, biting back a smirk because I knew that would have them coming to the door and "save" me from whatever. But eh, I'll play their game.

Looking around, I could tell that I had eyes on me from inside and outside of the building, watching my every movement. They were waiting to see if I would be able to enter the building or not, praying that I would and be like their Cassandra.

I wrinkled my nose and pursed my lips. But I'm not her... I thought with a small huff. I have her memories, but I am still me. I am still Cassidy before I am Cassandra, and even she said that.

Sighing, I moved a hand through my hair before I inspected the door and the surrounding area. I knew that this was the only way in and out if I didn't want to go underground, and even then, I didn't think there would be an easy way to get in.

I tucked my head closer to my chin and chewed on my lip while I reached out and touched the metal to feel it cool underneath my skin. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before I moved my hand down, feeling for something that I could my fingers through.

Nothing.

Nada.

Zilch.

There was nothing there that I could get my fingers through and open the door that way.

"Damn it," I said and kicked the door, but it was not hard enough to dent it since I wasn't using my full strength. "Fuck." I moved a hand through my hair before I looked at the side of the door, scanning the walls.

I wonder... I thought and took a step towards the left, letting Cassandra guide me some.

Again, I reached out and touched the panel of the building, having this feeling that I was going to have to find something different amongst them.

I let out a small sigh and closed my eyes while I let my fingers graze against the smooth stone before I found something that felt different.

Found you, I thought and pressed on the piece that felt different.

A buzzing sound appeared from somewhere, and I ignored it while I opened my eyes to see that there was a keypad with an encrypted message on it.

I wrinkled my nose in disgust. Now what am I supposed to do? I asked and moved my fingers across the keypad, but it was not hard enough to press any buttons. I wonder if the chip would work on this.

I had a small microchip implanted in me from my doctor that I wasn't supposed to know about until I was older than the age of eight.

However, he had told me the moment that he had done it after he had made me promise not to tell anyone, especially my parents.

My doctor, Dr. Trent, had told me that this would have my information on it and who to contact if something ever happened to me. He even showed me what the microchip had to say and who someone would be able to contact if something happened to me.

However, instead of my real name, it had said C-1-19-19 and then some other information that I hadn't been able to decipher at that age. I had to promise Dr. Trent that I wouldn't go searching for information until I was older.

I wonder if I will be able to find everything out now... I silently wondered and placed my right hand onto the keypad, and I slowly moved my wrist until it almost touched the keypad

There was a ding with the words, "Welcome, C-1-19-19," on the screen before it went blank and didn't show anything else. The door didn't open nor unlocked, and I pursed my lips, annoyed.

"Gee, thanks," I said sarcastically. "That was really helpful."

I looked around when there was this noise that sounded like an evil snicker, but there was no one there. I frowned and narrowed my eyes while I looked around, wondering if someone from the group was playing with me.

However, there was no one around, and it was only me. There was no other soul, and I had a feeling that whoever had snickered had their hand covering their mouth and watching me with wide eyes.

I huffed and rubbed my nose, flicking off the person before I turned around and looked at the screen again. I wonder... I thought silently before I started to try and jiggle the keypad around to see if I couldn't remove it and get to the wires underneath.

Zap, the device shocked me before I could do any "damage" to it.

"Ouch," I hissed and pulled away reflexively. I shook out my hand and grimaced. "Mother fucker, I'm gonna kill whoever thought of that," I grumbled underneath my breath before I started to do it again.

Zap! Zap! Zap! Again, the keypad shocked me multiple times, but I paid it no heed and was finally able to get to the wires underneath.

Triumphantly, I inspected the wires and the door, still ignoring the buzzing sound that seemed to have gotten louder the more I stayed near there.

I wonder if I can just rewire the cables, I thought, but how am I going to do that and not get shocked?

While I was thinking about how to do that, my hands seemed to get a mind of their own and started to do their own thing that seemed to work. Not even the other shocks had me stopping from my task, not even one that seemed to last the longest.

Another little ding sounded, but the door was still unopened and locked, so I looked at the screen to see that there was a different message on the screen. The buzzing sound stopped, and I had a feeling that I was about to have access to the building soon.

"Would you like access to the building?" It read, and I raised an eyebrow in question.

"Uh... yes?" I asked, not knowing what to do or say.

The screen went blank before there was that stupid processing circle doing its little thing.

I frowned and waited...

...and waited...

...and waited...

"If this does not work soon, then I am going to fucking break this piece of shit," I seethed, losing my patience with this technological thing. I made a point of grabbing it tighter, but I didn't break it just yet because I had a feeling that it'd work now.

The circle stopped moving and disappeared before the words "approved" appeared on the screen. There was a small click from the door, and a handle appeared from thin air, leaving me raising an eyebrow in question.

"Hmph," I said finally before I fixed what I had broken and placed the screen back where it was supposed to go.

Thankfully, the door didn't lock itself back, and I breathed a sigh of relief because I would have broken the door down if it did.

"Thank, Goddess," I said softly before I reached for the handle but stopped about an inch away.

Please let this work, I silently prayed, bowing my head. Please, let me be able to get through to the other side where the group is waiting for me.

And with that silent prayer, I closed my hand around the handle, took a deep breath, before I pushed it down, and opened the door.