Chapter Eleven: Fights, Admissions, and Searching for A.L.I.E.

"You had no right to talk to her that way," Jennie was fuming standing in the living room staring at her mother. "I'm not a child, I'm more than capable of taking care of myself."

"You're still my child," Chaerin fought back.

"I'm twenty-five years old and it's no longer your place to act like you have a say in who I choose to be with."

"You may be twenty-five but you aren't acting like it galavanting around with Jisoo all day."

"Please, explain how allowing my child to see his mother daily is me galavanting around. I don't understand what your problem is, she has done nothing to you."

"You may not understand now but you will when Jisu is older and has his first heartbreak."

"Except that isn't the real problem is it?" Jennie stared defiantly at her mother. She had come for a peaceful conversation but somewhere five minutes in, the argument escalated. Hearing the raised voices, Seunghyun rushed Jisu out of the house saying to meet them at the park. "You said last night, that you wanted me to have a normal life, that's your problem. Her breaking my heart is just an excuse so you don't have to say that you don't like me being with anyone that isn't completely male."

"Please Jennie, I don't care that she's different."

"As long as she's only my friend, you've never liked any girl I dated. When you have tried to force me to date it's always been a guy. You've never accepted who I am and I'm sick of it. You won't keep treating her like this and I won't let Jisu around you if it continues."

"You would choose her over your mother?"

"I will choose what's best for myself and my son because face it Mom, I'm not going to end up with a man like you want!" Jennie was shouting now face red with anger.

Silence hung between the two as both contemplated her words. Jennie was momentarily stunned at her admission but didn't let it show on her face. She wouldn't give her mother the satisfaction of knowing she was even slightly unsure.

Chaerin scoffed and rolled her eyes, "She left you alone to deal with a pregnancy, she doesn't deserve your time."

"She left," Jennie was beyond sick and tired of this discussion. "She never knew I was pregnant, I will NOT continue having this conversation. Figure your shit out because this has nothing to do with her leaving. She and I have had many discussions about it and I know for a fact she's here to stay. She won't do that to me again and more importantly, she would never hurt her son."

Jennie turned to leave before turning back to her mom, "If you can't apologize for your behavior and the way you degraded her or accept who I am, don't bother coming around my family again."

"Jennie, she can't be trusted," Chaerin said softly. "I know it's hard to hear but it's the truth."

"I trust her with my life and more than that, I trust her with our son." The finality in Jennie's tone left no room for argument. Turning back to the door she walked out of the house ignoring the tears of frustration that rolled down her cheeks.

-

My Jendeukie: Find anything yet? 

My ChuNothing and Donghyuk Oppa just left to get lunch. How's your morning been?

My JendeukieJust stormed out of my parent's house after blowing up on my mom. I'm sitting at the park about to get Jisu from my dad.