Chapter Two: Overdue Conversation🔞

Anger coursed through her veins as Jennie stared at the papers in her hand. She hadn't expected to feel like this when she got the call she had waited so long for. Sure she knew she would be upset but not this angry. It had been three years of searching. At first for the woman she loved to find out what happened. Then for her best friend, the woman who she needed because she was terrified.

Finally, for the mother of her child because he deserved to know her. Admittedly she tried her hardest in the first year but not knowing where to start made things a bit difficult. Then life got in the way but she never gave up. She couldn't give up, not on Jisoo. The girl was before anything else her best friend and she knew there had to be more to it than the assumptions made by their friends and family.

Standing from her chair to walk out the door, she thought over the last three years. All her old emotions came crashing down on her and she allowed herself to cry over what she lost for the first time since the day Jisu was born.

Jisu was her constant reminder at the beginning of what she lost. But he was very much his person and gave her joy beyond anything she ever imagined. He deserved more, he deserved to know them both. He was why she was doing this.

As she stepped into the busy city streets, she walked towards the address in her hand. Thoughts raced through her mind as she thought about the last day they spent together. It had been perfect.

Shaking her head she cleared her mind. She wouldn't think back to that. This wasn't about her or what she felt. Her anger was not important right now, she was on a clear-cut mission. A few of her friends and family told her not to bother but she was determined. She was determined to tell Jisoo about their son and then she would leave. What Jisoo did with that information was up to her.

Turning down an empty street, her stomach churned. She wasn't the same girl who was left brokenhearted. She was stronger now but apparently, her nerves didn't get the message.

Looking down at the address and back up at the house in front of her, she knew it was time. Steeling herself she knocked on the door and waited. After three tries, she realized the attempt was futile. It wasn't late but it wasn't early either. Assuming Jisoo would be home soon, she found a nice spot under a nearby tree to sit.

Leaning back and closing her eyes with a heavy sigh, she finally allowed her thoughts to drift.

-

"I love you, Happy Anniversary."

It was the first time she had said those words out loud. Two months after graduation and a year of being together and she was finally ready. She watched as Jisoo's eyes widened. She leaned forward to capture her lips. She knew Jisoo may not return the sentiment but the knowledge didn't ease the pain she felt when her feelings weren't reciprocated.

Rolling off the bed, she began to collect her clothes as she felt herself become overwhelmed. Strong hands gripped her hips and pulled her back. Jisoo's lips dragged along the base of her neck and searched out that sensitive spot in the crook of her neck that always made her weak at the knees.

"Happy Anniversary," Jisoo murmured to her.

The night had been too wonderful to dwell on the four words the statement was missing. Falling back into Jisoo's arms, Jennie's lips opened as soft lips pressed against hers and a tongue begged for entry. Turning her body to fully face Jisoo, Jennie deepened the kiss. Hips rotated as she sunk further into the girl beneath her. Feeling Jisoo begin to stiffen, all thoughts were lost as contentment began to settle throughout her body.