Chapter Forty

"No!" Edge screeched.

  Edge pinned Current down to the ground. Current let out a grunt as he fell. Yet, Edge seemed unfazed. It was like she was on autopilot.

  He squirmed a little under her grasp, but she scraped her nails, hard, on his neck. Then, with one small flick of her wrist, she took out an arrow and plunged its head into the man's neck.

  The former king made a loud shriek as he died. Edge seemed to have enjoyed every last sound that he made. He went quite horribly, actually — Current's pain must've doubled with the blows Drought had already given him.

  Edge didn't fully kill him. She wanted him to suffer as he went. It was nothing as how she had killed that bird, although the same technique was used.

  The creature then went limp in her arms. She got up, and kicked him to the side. Dust got in his cuts and slashed, and made him let out one last grunt of displeasure.

  Now, he was dead. If not, it was clear that he would suffer, alone, and in pain, in his last moments.

  Edge only let out a small laugh at him when she saw the state he was in.

  "Horrible creature." She growled at him. "You deserve every last bit of pain you get there."

  After a few heartbeats of staring at his lifeless body, Edge turned to Drought. Her whole mood and demeanor had changed.

  The girl, who was bloody from her encounter with the now-dead king, was bent over in pity and sadness. Already, sobs began to rake through her body.

"Edge." Drought wheezed.

  "Please don't go. Please don't leave me. Please— I'll loose it." She begged him.

  He let out a small smile. Drought pushed a small paper towards Edge. She crinkled it up, and threw it to Atlanta.

  "I'll be fine," He said, "Just let me go."

  "Shut up. You're going to be fine." She growled at him as another round of tears began to prick her face again.

  He did that stupid smile again. Edge opened her mouth to retort. To demand that he won't die. Not today.

  He interrupted her. "I don't think I have too much longer..."

  Drought was interrupted by a wave of wheezed and coughs.

  "I just want you to know, that I love you, okay? We'll meet again, someday, somewhere,"

  "You helped change me." He added. "I don't think I'd be who I am not without you."

  "Drought please stop." Edge cried, but he was already gone.

  Edge banged her fists against the floor. She practically crumpled over Drought.

She felt gone too.

She wished she was gone.

Why was this happening?

What had she done to deserve this?

They say everything happens for a reason, but why this?

~*~

  Stomps echoed down towards them. Awhile had passed, and people had probably begun to wonder what was going on, and where their king was.

  Edge was forced to leave him. She felt horrible. What was Droplet Tribe going to do with no heirs?

What were they going to do?

——

Haha...

So, I'm not even going to talk about how one of the MCs died, and how Droplet Tribe really has no heirs

Instead,

We are going to talk about how the beginning of this chapter is basically just an edited version of how Edge killed the bird three chapters ago!

I dunno if anyone caught on to that, but yeah!

-Echooo

Edit:

Sorry for the

——