Chapter Twenty Seven

——

Chapter Twenty-Seven~

  Hemlock finally said something: "Who was that?" He asked Sayuri.

  "Oiseau. He works as a servant in the palace." Sayuri replied.

  "Hm..." He thought for a moment. "I've heard his name being shouted before. Is he your friend?"

  "Kind of, I guess."

  He nodded.

  The guard re-entered the room. She locked eyes with Sayuri. They were bright, and held confusion in their hazel wisps.

  "Why do you hate Princess Sparrow?" She asked. "I— I mean Prince; Princess Sparrow."

  "Prince." Hemlock corrected her again.

  "Sorry. Names are hard." She mumbled, then straightened her back. "Er, titles are hard,"

  "Princess Sparrow wants to know," The guard added quickly.

  "Prince." Hemlock corrected the guard yet again.

  "Isn't it obvious? He's a selfish, arrogant, fish-brained pervert!" Sayuri bluntly exclaimed.

  "Yeah, but why?"

  "How can you deal with a guy literally goes around claiming that you two are a couple, kisses you in the most random places, that who chats about the weirdest and most cringe thing of things, even though he's a decade older than you. And... I could keep rambling but I don't feel like spitting bad things about everyone's Prince Charming." Sayuri spat those words out quite bitterly.

  "Oh... damn, okay," She mumbled.

  "Uh... are you sure this is what you want me to tell Princess Sparrow?"

  "Prince." Hemlock corrected yet again.

  The guard shot him a look. His expression stayed the same.

  "Oh, you're going to talk to Sparrow? Just tell him everything about him is horrible." Sayuri said quite bitterly.

  "Uh, alright, if you say so..." She shrugged, and then left the room.

~*~

  "Things won't go well with that," Hemlock murmured once the guard was a good distance away. "I would fear for your safety.

——

Ripple is allergic to Author's notes

-Echo

——