Chapter Twenty-One

(A couple minutes later; at the dinner...)

  The, now small group, trotted through the hallway. Fuite seemed rather quiet. Meanwhile, Rêvée walked about with her head held high. She looked rather elegant at the moment. Almost as if she could be a model.

  "Oh! There!" Fuite finally said something. Rêvée flicked one of her ears at her chirp.

  Tall walls were stretched up to the ceiling. They were striped with gold and dark green. A long table sat in the center. The two queens sat at the far end, beside one, large, window.

  Cups clanked together, and on the table. Despite the situation, it seemed like a cheery environment.

  "There you are, Sayuri!" Sparrow exclaimed.

  He walked up to her. Sparrow's smile was just a little too wide. He grabbed her hand, and pulled her to a seat that was directly next to his own.

  Fuite had left, and now there was no real trace of her. She must've dispersed back down the hallway when Sparrow took her hand. Rêvée, on the other hand, stood beside a wall with other... Well whatever she was ...people in her rank.

  Rêvée's cold gaze hardly shifted as she watched Sparrow. There were excited squeals coming from near the entrance. It was probably Oiseau and Fuite. It was sad that they only saw one side of Sparrow— or at least were only told one side.

  "How are you, Sayuri? Hmmmmmmm? Hmmmm?" Sparrow put on an innocent act.

  He was acting... Different in a way. Maybe for his parents?

  "Good." Sayuri mumbled.

   Although she wanted to say: 'Bad.'

  "Hehe. Of course you are feeling great, because I, Prince Sparrow of Leaf Tribe, is here." Sparrow put his hand over hers.

"Whoaaaaa, Sparrow is amazing!" Petal, Sparrow's sister, awed. "He is so nice to his girlfriend!"

  "Girlfriend," Someone mocked the princess in a grumble.

  There were soon loud clanks, that accompanied the non-stop rumble of conversation. A guard, who looked as though he may have just came out of battle, snatched whoever had mocked the princess. It wasn't all that bad; just some statement.

  Why were they being punished?

  Something sort of made sense. Their whole dinner was being watched like hawks watching their prey. Oiseau hadn't said anything about dinners being watched. It must've been about Sayuri. There hasn't been anyone... Well, new, in awhile. Much less a soon-to-be-princess, who was already being referred to as one.

  "Ew— no! Sparrow sucks." Blossom murmured to herself.

  Sayuri saw Blossom rolling her eyes. She, at once, agreed. Bloom lightly slapped her arm. Probably for not referring to him as "Prince Sparrow." and for mocking their son and heir.

  The attention was turned back to the table.

——

Hey!

Sorry for another shorter chapter :,D

This chapter, as will next chapter, will mainly be Ripple writing, and not where we usually write together, so enjoy!

—(mainly because these are her characters :P)

—Guess who

——