Chapter 87: Choice

Start from the beginning

Victoria's tone sounded frail and hurt.

"I'm afraid that one day, you'll be like Father and only set your eyes on Sister. If you leave me, I'll surely break down, so I..."

Her beautiful face darkened as she apologized to Ethan genuinely.

Ethan was startled after listening to Victoria's words. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. After a moment, he opened them and said,

"Go back in now. Your body isn't very well."

He then started walking back into the villa slowly.

Victoria's strained body softened when she noticed his calm expression. She released her clenched fists and grabbed onto Ethan's arm.

...

It was already late night when they left Imperial Sky Entertainment Club.

"Daniel, let Jacob stay over at your place tonight. He's drunk a lot. Send me a text when you get home." Xavier tugged Arya with one hand, while he handed Jacob's jacket to Daniel.

Daniel grabbed the jacket as he replied,

"Don't worry. You guys should head back now too. It's late!"

Xavier nodded and went to the car with Arya, waving to them.

"Give me the car keys," Arya said as they arrived at the car. Her hand went straight into his shirt pocket, and she soon found the car keys and unlocked the car.

"Are you really going to the racecourse with them tomorrow?" She asked as she was putting on the seatbelt.

"Mmm, Daniel wanted to talk about something. I'm just taking this chance to go take a look there."

"I won't go with you then. I need to go back to the Johnson Residence. Grandpa and Mother are quite worried about me. Can you help me ask your mother how's the situation with my father?"

"What are you worried about? We can apply for a private trial. They'll consider it and I'm sure it'll be fine," Xavier replied.

Arya took a deep breath before nodding. "We'll see then."

She was thinking whether she should tell him about meeting Aiden, but a flashback suddenly went through her mind. In the end, she did not mention it.

Ethan wanted to have a few peaceful days to reevaluate his feelings for Victoria. He wanted to think things through on his own. However, it seemed that he did not have the chance to.

When he arrived at his office early in the morning, Secretary came up to him with some newspapers in his hand.

"CEO Ethan, things are bad. Look at this!" Secretary quickly handed the newspapers to Ethan who frowned as he took the papers and had a closer look.

It was filled with the news of Victoria's pregnancy. The article's also assumed Ethan was the father. They even wrote that Ethan might abandon her. All kinds of conspiracies were examined by the articles!

Ethan's expression darkened as his grip on the papers tightened. He suddenly raised his head and told Secretary in a cold tone,

"What's happening?"

"CEO Ethan, I just found out about it myself. I'm trying to suppress this negative news, but if... The Martinez Corporation and Johns Media might be in trouble again."

Ethan understood what Secretary meant very well. The stock of the Martinez Corporation had finally stabilized, and Johns Media was on the path to recovery. With this round of news coming out now, there would be another spate of chaos waiting to happen.