Son of the Sea and Skies

Rhaenyra Targaryen the Heir to the Iron Throne as was announced by her father King Viserys I, lay on a bed screaming in pain as she was having a hard and difficult labour, it had already been nearly 12 hours and yet the babe had not come. She cursed and screamed, she had not wanted to be married so soon but her father had insisted that to secure the Throne and to dismiss the rumours of her proclivities with her uncle that she would get married to Lord Corlys Velaryons son Laenor.

Laenor was a man who was brave and had a good heart, he was also rather handsome with his pale skin, silver-gold and purple eyes. He also rode the dragon Seasmoke and used it in numerous battles. However, none of those achievements or accolades helped when it came to his interactions with the fairer sex. The Princess and Laenor had come to an arrangement, they would be married and support each other as husband and wife would, while they pursued their other interests.

For Rhaenyra it had been Harwin Strong a man whom she had given her favour to at the Tourney that was held to announce the wedding of her and Laenor. While for Laenor it was Joffery Lonmouth a kind and well-liked man who had ended up being killed in the very same tourney due to the wrath of Ser Criston Cole. While Laenor was morose for months he still did his duty and was able to perform in the marriage bed, albeit with some difficulties. However, once was all it took and his seed had taken root.

"AHHHHHHHHHH" Rhaenyra screamed as she was once again told to push by Grand Maester Orwyle, something that infuriated her to no end. Her husband was nowhere to be found, she had heard rumours that he often sort solace in the arms of a young squire though his name she knew not.

"It won't be long now" Harwin Strong stated from the side of her bed, while it was highly unusual for the Captain of the city watch to be by her bedside when she was giving birth, however, she had not wanted to be alone and with her husband not there she felt comfort from his presence. She also thought that mayhaps he thought the child might be his, which she thought could be a possibility.

"Come now Rhaenyra, almost there" Old Wyl stated as he sat at the foot of the bed examining her, she hoped it would be over soon as she did not know how much longer she could take it "There we go, I can see it now, one more big push Princess" Old Wyl says for what Rhaenyra thinks is the hundredth time.

Nevertheless, she pushes, she pushes as hard as she can, a storm outside was raging the air howled with fury and lightning struck across the sky, it was as if they were at Storms End, the water in the Black Water rose high and crashed along the rocks of the shore, Small folk who saw it thought that the ocean had come to swallow them up.

It all seemed to peak as Rhaenyra finally managed to squeeze the babe out, the waves had reached their highest point almost swallowing up the beach head and the sky was lit up with flashes of lightning. Old Wyl held the baby who started crying a midwife wrapped it in the blanket and he smiled "A strong and healthy boy your grace" Old Wyl said proudly as he handed him to Rhaenyra. He was beautiful, he had silver gold hair and the most beautiful eyes Rhaenyra had ever seen, a crystal blue with some streaks of purple. While it became obvious who the father was she knew in that moment it didn't matter, she would love him the same.

Those who held superstitions had said that the skies and seas had roared in greeting for their new Lord.

Jacaerys Velaryon

———————————————————-

Jacaerys is said to have been a curious child, in that regard it is said he took after his Grandsire, as soon as he could crawl he would venture out on his own often being found hours later as he had managed to get a fair distance away from where he was. How he was able to get past the wet nurses and those who cared for him no one knew. Once more a boy who wandered around on his hands and knees with a dragon accompanying him is a sight that is hard to not see.