Strange House/The Fictional World!?

"This is the house!?" Wailed Cory as the Williams family pulled their car into the driveway of their new house. It was a Wednesday in early October. It took the family all morning to drive here. It was now around 1 PM.

"What about it?" Asked her mom.

"It's so old looking." Cory grimaced.

"Is it dirty?" Rose, the older sister, asked anxiously while clutching onto the back of her mom's seat.

"No." Replied their mom.

The sisters and their parents stepped out of the car and began to carry their bags inside. The house was very old looking, but it was charming. It was a large, two story house with an attic and a basement.

After setting down their bags in their rooms, the girls decided to look around the house. The walls were faded colors and chipped paint. The floor was dusty and creaky. When they walked into the living room, they saw the old couch was still there.

"Ugh, we still need to replace that couch with ours," Winced Rose. "So gross..." She didn't want to know who had lived here last, and how long ago they moved out.

Cory noticed a long, black remote sticking out from between the old and dusty cushions. "The TV is gone, but it looks like they left the remote here." She pointed out, picking it up from in between the cushions.

"Why would you touch that?" Rose asked with a disgusted look on her face.

"I dunno, it looks pretty old too." Cory replied. "I wonder where the TV went. Do you think it went with the family that moved? Or was it thrown away?" Rose shrugged. "If I hit the on button, do you think their TV would turn on?" She grinned. She hit the on button. Suddenly, the two girls disappeared within a second. They weren't in their house anymore.

The two girls stood frozen still, watching millions of swirling colors surround them as they were transported to somewhere entirely new.

A second later, they appeared on the sidewalk of an unfamiliar city. It wasn't the one they were living in. This one looked strangely colorful. The buildings were all shaped different. They looked outdated, but not in a vintage way, but in a 2000s way. They looked like buildings from the Cartoon Network city, or just a city from a cartoon.

Cory clung onto her older sister. "Wh-where are we!?" She yelled.

Rose observed the city. The adults walking around all looked strangely familiar. That's when it hit her.

"These are all characters from shows!" She exclaimed. "B-but how!?" She started to breath rapidly. She had gotten shortness of breath from the sight!

"I knew that remote was strange." Cory said, lifting up the remote and toying with it. "We could probably get back home if we hit it again."

Rose immediately raised her arm, "Don't hit it yet, I wanna look around." The girls walked down the sidewalk with astonishment. Every single person was a character they recognized or had seen before.

"This is so...COOL!" Cory jumped. "I wonder if we can meet Rainbow Dash. I LOVE her!"

Rose grinned with excitement and squealed. "And Pinkie Pie! She's my favorite." Then her face turned red. "I wonder if we can meet...Yakko Warner! Or Jotaro Kujo! Or Tom from Eddsworld! Or...or..."

Cory shook her head. "You have too many fictional crushes. I wanna be friends with my favorite characters, not date them."

"Me too. My crushes are too older than me, anyways." She sighed hopelessly.

The girls continued to walk around the city for hours. They completely forgot about their new house back in the real world.

Up ahead, they saw a school. It was an extremely large, multicolored school that looked like it was made of plastic. It wasn't tall, but it was wide.