Pope walked up to him, shouting his name multiple times and once he finally heard him, he said, "they know."

JJ looked at Bambi who stood behind Pope, a disappointed look on her face and from that, JJ immediately knew that she had found out.

just as JJ opened his mouth to say something to her, she cut him off, "i already know, don't try and get me with the deny, deny, deny."

JJ sighed and walked over to the tree trunk, taking a seat on it, "they don't know shit."

"Topper knows i sunk his boat," Pope ran his hands across his face.

"how do you know they know," JJ asked.

"because Rafe and Topper posted outside of Heywards and mad dogged me." Pope walked around on the grass, doing laps.

"that's why you don't sink boats worth more than your whole life." Bambi shrugged, taking off JJ's hat, revealing his messy hair before putting it on herself and sitting on the grass.

JJ ran a hand through his hair, sorting it out, "will you calm down and get a grip, man? they don't know shit."

"they have cameras, they could have seen me!"

"there was no power, Pope, how could they have seen you?" JJ asked.

"it's figure eight, they have backup generators, J." Bambi reminded him.

"they don't give scholarships to kids who vengefully sink boats." Pope whimpered, "it's not a good look on my transcript."

Bambi frowned as she looked at the boy worry about his life. Pope was a smart boy and he was going to go places even if sinking the boat was the dumbest thing he'd ever done.

"enough with the regret, bro!" JJ shouted, standing up, "they caved your face in."

Bambi knew she should have told JJ about child services coming but with Pope worrying about something much more important, there was no room for anyone to be worrying about her.

"they hit us, we hit them. it's the law of the jungle." JJ explained, "now if any Kooks come up to you and ask if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to 'em', look 'em' right in the eye, and..?"

"deny the living shit out of it."

"that's right, deny, deny, deny." JJ nodded, "but just for safety, we don't go anywhere without protection." he pointed at the gun.

BAMBI WALKED BESIDE JJ AS SHE, HIM, Pope and Kiara arrived at the outdoor cinema their island held every single year.

Kiara had a bag over her shoulder and a huge smile on her face, "I'm so glad they're still doing this. keep calm, carry on, back to obx life, you know? aren't you guys glad that I made you come?"

"ecstatic," Pope grumbled, clear sarcasm in his voice which made Bambi smirk.

JJ cleared his throat and fixed his hat slightly, "my coach was pretty comfy, I'll be honest."

Bambi had never liked when this happened, it was probably one of the worst things the island could ever do and it made her want to throw up.