"See! Someone here enjoys my nicknames," Maverick declared. "Thank you, Viv. Now, let me continue; Callie, for Callum-Dora, for Theodore-and Ant, for Anthony-"

At once, Anthony Rosier stood up, attracting curious glances from everyone in the Slytherin table. He cleared his throat importantly before glaring at Maverick.

"I prohibit you from addressing me in such a manner!" he proclaimed loudly. "I will not be a victim of your ridiculous nicknames, and I will certainly not be called Ant!"

He spoke in such a clear, loud manner that it gained the attention of everyone in the Great Hall. At once, laughter broke over the Hall and some even went as far as to chant, "Ant! Ant! Ant!".

I snickered with Maverick as Anthony's face darkened in mortification, and he shot a furious glare in our direction.

Professor Dippet ordered for everyone to calm down and ducked five points from Slytherin for Anthony's actions. I was starting to truly enjoy myself, until I realized that Anthony's loud retort made Norma and Ethelle aware of my presence. The two stood up, starting to make their way to me.

"Quick!" I whispered hurriedly to Maverick. "Pretend like you're talking to me!"

"Er-why?" Maverick quizzed confusedly, his brows knitting. My gaze grew murderous as Norma and Ethelle neared, and he hastily started to talk. "I don't think you should dye your hair green, Vivid-I mean, blonde suits you, and green won't really clash well with your uniform, you'll look like a life-sized broccoli-"

I was so stunned by his choice of topic that I didn't even get the chance to come up with a proper response before Norma and Ethelle finally stood before me.

"Hey Viviette," saluted Norma kindly, while Ethelle shot a ginger smile in my direction. She looked quite awkward. "We were just wondering if-well, if we could talk."

"Er-"

"Can't you see? We're having a very important conversation right now," Maverick snapped, before turning to me with an expression of forged urgency. "Listen, Viv, you really shouldn't-"

"Maybe later?" I cut him off, glancing up into Norma's doe eyes with a nervous smile. "After the feast?"

"Oh," Norma mumbled, before nodding and smiling. "Sure. That's fine. Let's go, Eth."

Norma simpered at me one last time before the two of them sauntered away. I shoved a forkful of my potatoes into my mouth with a miserable sigh.

"What's wrong?" Rasalas inquired, causing me to glance in his direction in surprise. At once, the concerned frown on his face morphed into a blush of embarrassment. "Sorry-forget I asked."

"No, it's all right," I reassured, still baffled. "I just didn't think any of you would care."

Rasalas shrugged awkwardly. I pursed my lips as I observed him uncertainly for a few seconds, before expelling a sigh and deciding to share my thoughts with him-he was a death eater, after all. I doubted Tom would care that much.

"Tom says I can't be friends with them anymore," I announced bluntly, playing with my potatoes glumly.

"Why?" Maverick asked, his brows furrowing in befuddlement. I blinked, not realizing he was listening.

"Because apparently, they'll distract me from my 'death eater duties'," I grumbled. "Or something like that."

Maverick and Rasalas exchanged uncertain glances from across me. Rasalas coughed and mumbled something underneath his breath before fixating his gaze on his food while Maverick shrugged.