riddle's extracts, #4

EXTRACTED FROM THE DIARY OF TOM M. RIDDLE

————

Swan had an argument with her two silly little friends, and she is now left all alone—which is perfect for me. I have spoken to her, convinced her of our friendship, and I will introduce her to my Knights soon enough.

She will be such an excellent addition to my Knights. She is incredibly intelligent and difficult to sway, yes, but I know I can persuade her into agreeing with our beliefs.

She will work for our cause, and serve me faithfully. With a follower as powerful as her by my side, I'll be unstoppable—of course, without her, I'm still going to be unstoppable, but she'd be a great help, and it's best if I have her as a follower rather than an enemy.

I can help her, as well. She is intelligent and powerful, but she is weak. Weaker than I expected. During our talk, she baffled me completely and showed much more vulnerability than she ever did—I learned just how weak she truly is.

She is obsessed with her appearance—surprisingly vain for someone so intelligent. She is not confident, like I thought, but rather arrogant and deeply insecure. The envy-induced insults of one of her roommates were enough to make her spiral into a fit of rage.

I can teach her to know and appreciate herself and her powers—I can make her truly strong. And if she does not show eternal gratitude for this kindness I plan on offering, then she is not as bright as I thought.

But I know she will.

In time, she will grow to treat me with the same respect and admiration as the rest of my followers. She will no longer make a complete fool of herself every time we speak.

Everything will work out perfectly.