riddle's extracts, #3

EXTRACTED FROM THE DIARY OF TOM M. RIDDLE

----

As much as I hate to admit it, Swan is an extraordinarily intelligent and talented witch-much more talented and intelligent than my Knights.

That fact is utterly irritating-but it is something I can use to my advantage. Swan already believes me to be a friend, unless she is acting like her usual idiotic self-it's hard to tell with her, which is another utterly irritating fact. I can read anyone like a book; either with my powers of Legilimency or just by observing them. But Swan is odd, more odd than anyone I have ever met, and that makes her frustratingly difficult to read.

Whatever. I will not dwell on that pathetic thought any longer. What I must do is recruit her. A witch as powerful and intelligent as her would certainly make a great contribution to my Knights. With her by my side, I will be a thousand times more powerful.

This should be easy-seeing as she already treats me like a friend, it will be easy gaining her trust, or at least I hope so. It's disgustingly humiliating how uncertain I am when it comes to that utterly irritating girl.

I will need to improve my Legilimency in order to read her thoughts-which is infuriating, seeing as I am already rather proficient at Legilimency, or so I believed. It wasn't until I was blocked out by her powers that I ever doubted my mind-reading skills.

Never mind, I can focus on that another time. Right now, I must focus on getting her to join me. It won't be too difficult, or so I hope.