The Contest

A/N: Alright *cracks knuckles* let's do this. This was mostly suggested by mors_omnibus1123 so let's see how this goes. It's probably gonna be a two part piece so yeah. It's excessive don't murder me I tried, and I'll be editing so yeah <3

Recap of which Avengers are here so I don't forget them ignore this: strange, Wanda, Peter, Steve, Tony, Sam, Bucky, Nat, and Clint.

Inej's POV

The Crows continued to hang around the Slat's common room. The Avengers seemed to slowly filter in. Natasha and that Bucky guy were some of the first. Inej found it easy to remember their names because each of them had an oddly defining feature.

Then Steve came down, bright and chipper as usual.

The star spangled man walked up to the group of Crows. "Do y'all have anything close to coffee in this world-?"

Wylan simple cleared his throat, waving a hand towards the coffee cups already set out with cream and sugar at the ready.

Steve gave a sheepish smile and grabbed three cups, taking them back upstairs. He didn't look like he drank coffee himself, so it must've been for the smart one upstairs.

Natasha and Bucky both took one, both of them staring at each other then downing it like whiskey shots.

Sam eventually came in, saying that Wanda and Peter were still asleep, and Strange was nowhere to be found but probably would show up eventually. Clint had somehow spawned at one point next to Natasha, but the female assassin didn't seem bothered.

Inej shared a look with the Widow, a challenging smile, and Jesper spun his revolvers nervously.

Natasha whispered something in their harsh language and Bucky gave her a tired expression. Clint heard them and immediately brightened. "Oh it's on." The archer said excitedly.

Nina looked at them carefully. From her perch on a barstool she gently spoke over her shoulder. Her Fjerdan fluent as Per usual.

"What are they speaking?"

The hulking woodsman behind her replied between sips of tea. "I don't know. It sounds like Ravkan."

Nina, ever the bold, shouted across the Slat. Her Ravkan impecable from her years at the Little Palace.

"Don't speak in our languages and think we can't understand you."

Natasha looked quizzically at the Grisha.

"You speak Russian?"

"No. I speak Ravkan. What's Russian?"

Bucky rolled his eyes. "You're talking about the same thing. Russian is just our version of Ravka, and Vice versa to your world."

Nina glared at them. "Do you have Grisha in your world?"

The confused glances are all she needed. She switched to Kerch (their English).

"Masters of the small science?"

Tony was summoned at the mention of science. The billionaire came down the stairs holding three empty coffee cups. "Like atoms and particles?"

"No, the small science," Nina proceeded to look around the room and felt the different heartbeats in the room. She nodded to Clint. "You, you sprained your ankle this morning trying to do a backflip from one roof to another."

Tony's reply was snark and borderline rude. "Like predicting the future and shit? Is that what you do?"

"No, I'm a Corporalki ish. Not a torture teller."