I looked in front of me at area that held neutral land; then I turned around looking the the direction of the pack house. Without a single regret, I sprinted past the border.

The trees went by in blurs as I ran through the forest. A few more minutes, and I would make it to the human area. I sped up as I heard a howl pierce through the silence that surrounded me. It was Alpha Terence. Thalia promised that she would hold them off for a while, so I got a slight head start. I just needed to get to the human land.

I saw the huge mall getting closer and closer. I slowed down to a stop and shook my body back and forth to wake up Zeke. I pulled my arms out of the backpack and let him slide off of me. He yawned and continued to rub his eyes. I shifted before putting the bag back on and adjusting the straps. Just so you know, I'm not naked. Whoever started the rumor, that our clothes rip or whatever after shifting, had a very dirty mind. I'm fully clothed. To make sure it's still there, I touched the waistband of my jeans, feeling the cold metal of the gun.

I could tell that Zeke was still tired, so I picked him up. My werewolf strength made carrying him easy. He immediately drifted back to sleep as I made my way to the mall. Thalia and I have planned this, about a week ago. I went straight to Bath and Body Works.

"Hello" a worker chirped. "Are you looking for anything particular today?" she asked.

"Just a perfume" I answered. She pointed me in the area with shelves of spray bottles. I used the sample perfume and sprayed it on myself, as well as Zeke. It would cover our scents so they won't be able to find us.

I need to buy some of this perfume, so I can constantly use it. I took one strap off before holding Zeke with one arm. I opened the backpack and dug through the bunch of clothes using one hand. I pulled out a large envelope. It was packed. I opened it, to reveal at least $5,000. Most of it was hundred bills, but there were some twenties. I quickly pulled out five twenties, so I won't have to keep taking out the envelope.

I put the backpack strap back on my arm before walking up to the counter with three bottles of random perfume. "Well, isn't he a cutie" the cashier said while looking at Zeke. I simply nodded as she scanned the bottles. "We have a sale, so these are buy two get one free. So, $12" she stated. I pulled a twenty out of my pocket and handed it to her. She gave me the change, then we were on our way.

*********************

After a few bus rides, some walking, and Zeke sitting on my back as I ran; we ended up at a hotel. I found a cheaper hotel after the first bus ride, but the rooms were all filled. This hotel looked nice, it was at least 15 stories high. I walked through the doors while holding tightly onto Zeke's hand. He woke up a few hours ago.

"Hello. What can I do for you guys?" an elderly woman said from behind a large desk. Her name plate read Brenda.

I smiled at her. "Hi. Do you have any rooms open?"

Brenda nodded. "How many nights?" I looked at the clock above her head. It was almost 10 p.m. I figure that we can stay a few nights. We got pretty far from our pack, and this is human land; which makes it neutral land as well.

"How much is one night?" I wondered.

"It depends on what room you get, sweetie. The standard room has two beds and one bathroom for $60 a night. Family room has three beds and a bathroom. That's $75. A suite has two bedrooms, each with one bed, a bathroom, a small kitchen, and a living room: $125. And lastly, we have the penthouse open. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a regular sized kitchen, a living room, a dining room, and a personal balcony. $150 for one night" Brenda explained.

Which one should I get? I know that we need a kitchen, so the standard and family rooms are out of the picture. The penthouse sounds nice, but a bit too fancy. "I'll take a suite, please. For three nights"

Brenda nodded. "$375" I handed her four hundreds, and a look of surprise crossed her face. She politely smiled and took the money. She hesitantly handed me a key card along with my change. "Room 14 on the 8th floor"

"Thank you" I said before making my way to the elevators. Zeke lightly tugged on my hand causing me to look down at him.

"Piper, I'm hungry" he informed me. I nodded in understanding. We only had one meal today, and that consisted of two home-made sandwiches.

"I know, baby. We'll go to our room, and I'll make you something to eat" I offered. Zeke nodded as we got on the elevator.

"Can I press the button?!" he perked up. I laughed and nodded. I told him the number. He found number eight and repeatedly pressed the button. I chuckled; even in the some of the saddest situations, Zeke finds a way to make me smile.

We made it to our room that was facing the forest. Its been over 36 hours since we ran away. I haven't slept since then; Zeke has been sleeping on the buses and when I run. We managed to get a few states away from the pack. This area should be safe for a while.

Zeke tugged on my hand, breaking me from my thoughts. "Can you make something now?" he asked sweetly. I nodded and kissed his forehead before walking to the kitchen. I moved the backpack from the floor to the counter-top. I poured out all the contents onto the counter. Thalia packed some dry soup, a few boxes Mac-n-cheese, and a boatload of oatmeal. After pulling out a box of Mac-n-cheese, I found a pot in a cupboard and started cooking.

______________________

Chapter one!!! Please vote and comment and stuff.....