Chapter 5- My LA Ex

The tannoy of the plane woke me up, stating that in fifteen minutes we would descend into LA. I jumped out of the bed and scrambled to get dressed. Thankfully I had brought my carry-on bag which had my makeup and hairbrush in the little dressing table mirror. I made myself look half decent.

"Can you take your seat, Amelia." Annabeth smiled as she gestured to the seat beside Roman who was still working.

I sat down as I could see the sunshine. The time, the pilot had announced, was just after 2 pm and it was sunny. The plane landed safely and we were soon in the hot LA sun.

"Wow," I breathed in the heat. "It feels amazing." I smiled as I walked down the metal staircase to the tarmac. Where a black car was waiting for us.

It wasn't until I noticed that the men who had travelled with us were security personnel. The Archer family were always big on personal security but they never had a team each. Although, when Roman and I were together the family weren't billionaires.

"Are you tired, or are you okay to get the shopping out the way today?" Roman asked me as we sat in the back of the car.

"I think shopping now would be fine," I replied he gestured to the driver who nodded at the silent order.

"We will get my suit first and then it will be all about you." Roman smiled as we drove through the city of LA, it was incredible.

We never spoke to each other, I admired the views, the scenery and the people. Roman just kept his head forward, as if this was so normal to him, which it could be.

But to me, LA was a million miles away from London.

The car pulled up outside a tiny men's shop, more like a cute boutique. Roman left me in the car as he told me it was a quick stop and he was right. I watched him walk in with confidence and was greeted warmly by a stylish older man.

I almost forgot how confident and well-liked Roman was. He could walk into any room and everyone wanted to talk to him. Maybe it was what drew me to him in the first place.

I shook my head as he walked back to the car, I had to remember that Mia was madly in love with Roman not new and improved Amelia.

"Everything okay?" I asked, he nodded.

"Yes, now let's go and get you some dresses for this wedding."

I had protested that I didn't need any new clothes. I had packed enough for any event he could spring on me. But, as usual, we had to do things his way.

The personal shopper of the designer store was very complimentary and she already had a list of outfits she needed to kit me out for. Roman's team messaged the store ahead of us.

"Roman!" I called from behind the door of the mirrored dressing room. The dress was a floor-length satin material evening gown. It had a low cut back and gems along the cut-out. It was elegant and beautiful but it seemed over the top.

"Yes?" He called back.

"Some of these outfits are great, I mean stunning. But, some are evening dresses and pretty much ball dresses." I admired the beautiful deep purple dress against my skin.

"Yeah, well I have no idea what events my mother has planned, you know what she is like. No doubt she will make a week-long spectacle of Maddie's wedding."

I remembered one of the clauses in the contract: I would accompany him to any formal, semi or informal event that was held over the time period.

"Can I at least see one?"

I had not let him see anything, some dresses looked awful and some looked amazing but I didn't want him to see me. He had offered to sit in the huge fitting room. I told him he had a better chance of being struck by lightning, twice.