Chapter 51:The After Party

Start from the beginning

"I Know Dad...your dream finally came through thanks to you" I muttered silently audible for him to hear.

He shook his head..."NO you did"

"Not without your push" I countered with a smile.

"Congratulations Stefano Alcantara!" That voice was familiar as I release myself from my father's hold.

My father had a similar reaction to mine ad I turned my gaze to the voice. Gorgio Armani? What is he doing here? Don't get me wrong...I did not expect him to be here...does that mean Krishnan too is present here?

"Thank you Mr.Armani" I replied with a smile as he and my Dad had this eye conversation for a moment.

"You're so lucky to have him as your son you know that?" He directed his question at my Dad.

My father nodded frantically...there's this weird tension between them...what am I missing as my eyes traveled back and forth at them.

"He beat me even Krishnan" he stated as my eyes followed the direction he was looking at...I knew it...Krishnan was here...but how? Just then the powerful looking Magnate walked with charisma towards our side.

I am yet to have a chance to converse with him not to talk of work with him.

Getting to my front, he stopped hypnotically with his eyes on my father "Marco....it's been a decade I guess" he said with a cynic smile before turning to my direction eyeing me skeptically.

"You're so different from your Father" he stated before stretching his hands forward at me... I've always known him to be a proud Indian Man so I was surprised by those gesture as my eyes traveled to the hand then back at him before he made this take it reaction.

I reluctantly took his hands..." You did well" he commented.

I nodded in respect with a smile on my lips saying "Thank you Mr. Nair"

"Come on...it's Krishnan...I want to feel more connected with you since we're working at the same line of business" He smiled wistfully at me without tearing his eyes from mine not even for once.

I smiled ruefully feeling uncomfortable...

I was okay working with Armani but Krishnan has always keep me on my toes.

His name speaks power not to talk of his presence.

"I've heard so much about you and I must say...you're better than explained in real life so let me also grace in your grandeur " He said still on his fickle smile as I chuckled.

"It will be a honor to work with you!" I answered with a smile.

"Marco can I see you for a moment?" Armani interrupted with a smile leaving me and Krishnan alone to far end were their conversation will be inaudible.

I really wish they could stay to ease the tension I feel around Krishnan at the moment but like I said... I knew my father had or have a connection with Armani in which I don't know what it is but I'll find out soon.

"You look so young...are you married?" He suddenly popped the question at me and where this conversation is heading to... I'm not sure I will like it.

"No" I answered ruefully. His smile broadened leaving me confused if I answered wrongly.

"I see...because You're a fine Man and I have a beautiful...

"I'm engaged!" I answered without hesitation...for fuck sake where did that even come from? Engaged really? I laughed inwardly at myself.

His face turned sullen...."oh I see...but why is it not on the tabloid?" He asked suspiciously and I know I had to think fast because this Man is a Tycoon.