Ch 17: Welcome to Liberty-Prime Base

Date: December, 2023

En route to Liberty-Prime Base

Maverick's Pov

While en route to Liberty-Prime Base I can see that Pina and Bozes are very uneasy about being in a self propelled moving vehicle as we come up to the base of the hill.

Bozes: Princess, I can see it!

Pina: You mean we're already there, that was fast.

Williams:*smug* Surprise, Princess Cocktail~

As we approach the hill a AH-1S Cobra and AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters does a flyby over us. Pina looks on see Sgt. Kesler, First Lieutenant Yamaguchi and the rest of 7th Deep Recon infantry doing target practice at a range. Their CO Edward Castle was a Captain but got promoted to Major after saving a Villager and Slaying a Dragon. Lucky bastard.

Then Captain Elijah Reynolds, Corporal Yuki "Snow" Urai and the rest of 8th Deep Recon were doing clearing drills. 

Pina: What are those staffs? Is every soldier and marine in this army a Wizard?

What da fuq she say? Army?

Lelei: No Ma'am. They're not using any magic. Um...those are weapons they are called "assault rifles."

Pina: Those are weapons?!

Towson: Yes.

Lelei: This is how they work. A small hint of fire is ignited within the cylinder forcing a small stones at high speeds.

Takahashi: In other words, gun go bang, bang and kill, kill.

Pina: What about Kuribayashi's people, the American Marines?

Lelei: They use similar weapons but are built differently.

I smile and give Lelei a thumbs up for remembering that and she smiles back.

Lelei: Also um...how did you put it Towson?

Towson: Every Marine is first and foremost a Rifleman. Even the cooks, janitors and engineers in the Marine Corps know how to kill. And by the way. We. Are. Not. The Army. We're the Marine Corps. Get it right before you piss someone off.

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. Without me, my rifle is nothing. Without my rifle, I am nothing..." Sometimes I miss basic.

Pina: They don't have to be in the proximity of their enemy to take them out.

500 yards is good practice. For us. Not you.

Lelei: It's the reason the Imperial Army fell.

Takahashi: そうだ、少女を殺せ!(Yes, slay girl!)

Pina look over toward the other window to see Type 74 Tanks along with the Cobras and Vipers conducting a combined arms drills. 

Wait a damn minute? Is that?

Me: HOLY SHIT?!

Itami: What?

Me:*pointing* M1 Abrams!

I can tell that everyone in 5th Recon looked to see....

USMC M1A1 Abrams

....USMC M1A1 Abrams.

I know all the marines are smiling now.

Fernandes: Looks like big meats back on the menu!

Pina: First their flying steel and now steel elephants.

Depleted uranium for the Abrams and explosive Redbull going Mach 'Fuck you and anything near you' for the A-10. If they brought the Douglas A-1 Skyraider here-oh wait that's navy's plane.

Pina: They really are creatures from another world. Why have come here? What do they want from us?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! You attack their country without warning or provocation! What did you think was gonna happen you dumb redhead bitch?!

Lelei: The Empire stepped on the Griffon's tail.

At least you didn't fully awaken the Sleeping Giant. I mean Jesus, imagine if the Gate had appeared in New York City or Washington DC! If they did. They better start to pray to the Devil. Because God won't help them when the Marines Corps kicks in on full-time.

Bozes: Mind your mouth, girl. Do not speak so casually when The Empire is on the verge of collapse.

Towson gives Bozes a glare shutting her up.

Lelei: My tribe roams where it pleases, Knight. We have never answered to The Empire.

Towson, Fernandes and I give Lelei a nod at her sense of independence.

Pina: I suppose you can rule a nation by force. But you can't control what they think no matter how hard you try. 

Timeskip

Division HQ Liberty-Prime Base

We arrive at the HQ to to attend briefings regarding our testimonies in Tokyo. Pina tries to pull us aside.

Pina: Lieutenant Itami and Captain Kuribayashi, since we are all here could I have a moment to speak to the both of you.

Itami: Uhhh...sorry, no...I really have to attend a few briefings involving about all this meeting-with-the-government stuff. 

Me: I have to do the same and make another report to First Lieutenant Lockwood about the logistics and show this new Private First Class named Raymond Davis.

Itami quickly run off:

Itami: SFC. Kuribayashi and LCpl. Williams should be able help you I'm sure!

Me: HEY WAIT UP!

Pina: Wait!

She grabs my jacket.

Pina: What were you going to tell me before you collapsed back in Italica, Kuribayashi!

Me: Oh yeah that. Find a way to end this conflict peacefully. And don't worry about what happened, I'll report it as a miscommunication.

I take my leave and follow after Itami.

Man. This will be hectic.