Chapter 1: The Streets of Gruville

Kevin trudged down the dusty road, eyes downcast as he dragged his feet through the dirt. The blazing sun beat down on his small yellow body, but he barely noticed the heat. All he felt was a gnawing emptiness in the pit of his stomach.

It had been three days since he'd had a decent meal. The last morsel of food he'd eaten was a moldy chunk of bread dug out of a trash bin behind an old factory. Ever since the Supervillain Society collapsed, jobs for minions like him had dried up. He remembered the good old days under Gru, when they had fancy gadgets, fun heists to run, and all the bananas they could eat. But those days were gone.

Kevin looked up and saw the sprawling, run-down city of Gruville looming ahead. The once-proud buildings were now dingy and covered in graffiti. Strange figures scurried in the alleys while broken-down cars honked and billowed smoke along the streets. Times were tough all over, but Gruville had been hit especially hard.

Wandering into the city center, Kevin saw clusters of other minions milling about. Some held cardboard signs begging for money or food. Others just sat slumped against buildings, their overalls torn and dirty, hopelessness etched on their faces. It seemed the jobs here were as scarce as everywhere else.

As he walked by, one minion with three black hairs accosted him. "Hey man, can you spare a banana for a desperate fellow?" Kevin wished he could help, but he had nothing. He shook his head apologetically and kept moving.

Making his way through the depressing scene, he suddenly heard a loud commotion up ahead. In the middle of a town square was a crowd of rowdy minions, pumping their fists and chanting something over and over. Curious, Kevin pushed his way through to get a look at what was happening.

In the center of the chaos stood a minion with fiery eyes, ripping off his overalls to reveal makeshift military garb underneath. He was yelling into a megaphone while standing atop an overturned banana cart.

"Brothers, our time has come!" he shouted. "For too long we've suffered while the villains get fat off our hard work. But no more! Today, we take back what's ours!"

The crowd erupted in frenzied cheers. Kevin stared wide-eyed at the display. A protest? Here? This was unheard of.

"The Minion Revolution starts today!" the leader continued. "We will seize the means of villainy and share the spoils equally. Everyone gets bananas, no minion left behind!"

More raucous shouts and fist pumps. Kevin felt frozen in place, shocked yet mesmerized. A second minion leaped up beside the leader, wearing black beret.

"Comrades, take this - a show of our new organization and power!" the second-in-command yelled, handing out roughly printed flyers. Kevin numbly accepted one and looked down at it. In bold yellow letters it read:

THE MINION WORKERS PARTY - United, We Will Rise

His mouth fell open as he looked back up at the frenzied scene. A revolution? After so many years resigned to their fates, these minions were taking a stand. Could this be the change they'd waited for?

A surge of excitement sparked through Kevin's chest. The emptiness inside him suddenly felt filled with purpose. For the first time in years, he felt hope. Gripping the flyer tight in his hand, he raised his fist and joined the chorus of chanting minions. A new fire burned in his belly.

The revolution had begun.

Author's Note: 

Hello everyone, this is my first story posted on Wattpad! I'm just an aspiring writer sharing my idea about a minion revolution. I hope you find the concept intriguing. If you want to follow along, the next chapter will be posted here tomorrow at 6 PM PST. Feel free to let me know your thoughts! For now, thanks for giving my story a chance!

-Adrian