It was getting dark very early in the winter, and Bai Momo brought in the dinner directly. It was four dishes and one soup that she cooked herself. It was simple but had a special flavor.

The house was not lit, and she could barely see by relying on the faint charcoal fire. She put away the food and went out.

Hu Rong couldn't sleep for some reason this time. She dreamed that she was back in the past. She didn't meet Gu Wenxuan and married that Huang Dahu as planned. In the backyard of Huang's family, Hu Rong was tortured by Huang Dahu's wife in every possible way every day, from her face being scratched and her body being covered with scars from knives or whips. Every day, she was living a life that was worse than death.

Later, she dreamed that she ran out and returned home, but was kicked out by Mrs. Hu, saying that she was not her daughter, but a beggar and crazy woman, and even her brothers and sisters-in-law did not recognize her. Mrs. Hu used the money she had exchanged for her to buy fields and build a new house. Although the family was at odds, they lived a good life.

After being shunned, she was desperate and went to the back mountain. Within two days, she had a high fever and died.

Hu Rong felt her heart ache, she suddenly opened her eyes and saw Gu Wenxuan.

After regaining her consciousness, she breathed a sigh of relief. The dream was so real, it seemed to be her real experience.

"Rong'er, what's wrong with you?" Seeing his wife like this, Gu Wenxuan immediately spoke with concern.

God knows how much Hu Rong frightened him just now. In her sleep, she trembled all over and kept shaking her head with tears on her face, but she couldn't wake up. The doctor came over and had the needle three times before she woke up.

"Madam is fine now, it's was only a nightmare, now that she's awake, she should be fine," the doctor said after taking Hu Rong's pulse, looking at Gu Wenxuan.

At this time, it was only midnight, and the doctor had just fallen asleep when he was called over.

"Husband, I'm fine, don't worry," Hu Rong wanted to get up, but couldn't get up after struggling for a long time, she looked helplessly at Gu Wenxuan who looked worried and said.

Gu Wenxuan adjusted his emotions, supported Hu Rong's waist and let her get up slowly.

Then he went to the side and poured Hu Rong a glass of water.

"It's just that I dreamed about some bad things, but fortunately, it's over, and it won't happen in the future." Seeing that Gu Wenxuan was still worried, Hu Rong added another sentence.

"That's good, are you hungry, do you want to eat something?"

Just as Hu Rong was about to nod, she suddenly thought of what the medical girl said today, and immediately shook her head.

Gu Wenxuan then took off his coat, went to bed and hugged her, and Hu Rong leaned against him. The warm and reassuring embrace made her feel very comfortable, and she wanted to sleep after a while.

Gu Wenxuan put her down slowly, turned around and hugged Hu Rong, and Hu Rong fell asleep after a while.

Now it's late December, and after third brother and his wife knew Hu Rong's current identity, they waited every day at the tea shed at the gate of the county government office, hoping that Hu Rong would come out one day, so that they could go to meet each other. They have been waiting for almost ten days, but no one has come out yet.

The two couldn't sit still anymore, as if the meat that was about to be eaten suddenly disappeared, but they didn't dare to force their way, and they didn't want to tell Mrs. Hu about their findings either, so they could only watch by themselves day after day.