Just as Tyler turned around, Robin caught up, his breath rapid and pearls of sweat adorning his upper lip. It didn't seem like Robin worked out a lot. Perhaps they could work on that together too...

Sweeping his gaze across the student-filled library, Robin seemed to come to the same conclusion as Tyler. There were some available tables on the upper floor, which you could only get to by traversing narrow spiral staircases, but every table on the bottom floor was occupied. "We could go to my place," Robin suggested. "It's on the bottom floor."

"We don't have to..." Ty flexed his hands, to show that he was up for the challenge. "I can make it up there..." He knew he could, but he also knew it would be a painful task with his already blistered hands. And he wasn't keen on having the eyes of everyone on him while climbing upward. But he also didn't like admitting his limitations, especially not in front of cute boys.

"It's calmer at my place," Robin added as if to give Tyler an out. "So we can focus on studying."

Was that a wink from Robin? Or had Tyler just imagined that? Would they focus on studying or "studying"? Tyler had to know, so he had to accept the offer, without letting on how keen he was. Because maybe that wink hadn't existed.

Still, hanging out with Robin all alone in the other boy's room certainly couldn't be a bad idea for getting closer. It would hopefully allow him to scratch a bit further beneath the guarded surface of his tutor. And maybe there would also be something sweet in it for him.

"Do you have anything to eat at your place?" Tyler asked, flashing a smile at Robin. "I think I need some snacks to be able to focus."

Robin nodded, confirming the presence of snacks at his place. That settled the deal.

"Let's go then!" Tyler declared, excited about the prospect to see Robin's place. Exiting the library, he realized Robin was once again lagging behind. Deciding to take pity on his slow companion, he slowed down a bit. "You show me the way," he said, gesturing in front of him with one of his crutches to show Robin that he should take the lead.

***

Orderly but cozy, Robin's room bore the essence of him. Among neatly stacked books and perfectly folded clothes, hints of a playful personality shone through from details like a few Star Wars lego figurines on the window sill--arranged into a silly battle scene where a light saber had split one of the characters in half--and bed sheets bearing the smiling yellow face of Sponge-Bob.

Sitting atop those bright-colored sheets and sharing a bag of Reese's pieces--although maybe sharing was an overstatement as Tyler had eaten more than a dozen already while he'd only seen Robin nibble on one--with books strewn all around them, Tyler was in seventh heaven. He found this study arrangement infinitely superior to the rickety tables in the library: he had snacks, he had a comfortable soft sitting spot, and, most importantly, Robin was mere inches from him. When they both bent over a textbook to study a certain segment, Tyler felt the warmth of Robin's breath tickle his neck, and when Robin flipped the pages his hands hovered enticingly close to Tyler's right leg.

Supposedly, they were studying Psychology, but Tyler had to admit he didn't remember a word of what they had covered so far. Hopefully, it wasn't necessary for their upcoming test. He was studying though! He was just more focused on trying to decipher every facial expression Robin made and scanning the room for clues hinting toward the other boy's sexuality. Why couldn't he make it easy on Tyler by having a giant rainbow flag emblazoned on his walls?

"Let me get a notepad and I'll write the key factors down for you," Robin said, rising to walk toward his desk. Tyler wasn't sure which key factors he was talking about, as he hadn't been listening in class, but he enjoyed the sight of Robin bending over in front of him. His dark jeans hoisted down slightly, revealing white underwear underneath. Unfortunately, he couldn't quite tell if they were boxers or briefs. Hopefully, he could find out one day.