Chapter 6

~ mountains crumble~

" There is something at work beyond the evil of Smaug. Something far more powerful. We can remain blind, but it will not be ignoring us, that I can promise you."  I knew of the evil my father was speaking of with Radagast, long before he even knew.
"A sickness lies over Mirkwood. The woodsmen who live there say..." my father added.

"Well, don't stop now. Tell us about what the woodsmen say." Spoke Saruman "They speak of a Necromancer living in Dol Guldur, a sorcerer who can summon the dead." I continued, "That's absurd. No such power exists in the world. This...Necromancer is nothing more than a mortal man. A conjurer dabbling in black magic." Saruman protested. I walked around the pavilion.

"And so I thought  too. But, Radagast has seen--" my father was interrupted
"Radagast? Do not speak to me about Radagast the Brown. He is a foolish fellow." The white wizard spoke "Well, he's odd, I grant you. He lives a solitary life."  I defended him. "It's not that. It's his excessive consumption of mushrooms. They've addled his brain and yellowed his teeth. I warned him, it is unbefitting of the Istari to be wander in the woods..." Saruman spoke

My fathers mind seemed to be elsewhere or so I thought. Saruman spent more time speaking about Radagast. I tried to not listen to his words. Then my father did it, he put the package he held with him on the table.  It let a small thud as it hit. So he was speaking to her ."...or I'd think I was talking to myself..."  said the white wizard

"What is that?"asked the lord.  "it is a  relic of Mordor." I answered. Elrond reached for the package carefully and unwrapped it. Everyone was in complete shock, including me.
"A Morgul blade," the lord said after some time of silence.

"Made for the Witch-king of Angmar, and buried with him. When Angmar fell, men of the North took his body and all that he possessed and sealed it within the High-Fells of Rhudaur. Deep within the rock they buried them, in a tomb so dark it would never come to light." The lady explained

"This is not possible. A powerful spells lies upon those tombs; they cannot be opened." Elrond said, confused.
"What proof do we have that this weapon came from Angmar's grave?" Saruman demanded. "I have none." My father pleaded.

"Because there is none. Let us examine what we know. A single Orc pack has dared to cross the Bruinen. A dagger from a bygone age has been found. And a human sorcerer, who calls himself the Necromancer, has taken up residence in a ruined fortress. It's not so very much, after all. The question of this dwarvish company, however, troubles me deeply. I'm not convinced, Gandalf; I do not feel I can condone such a quest. If they'd come to me, I might have spared them this disappointment. I do not pretend to understand

your reasons for raising their hopes..." The white wizard spoke.
Saruman continued speaking but I paid him no attention.  My ears heard the last of the words he spoke "...I am afraid there is nothing else for it."  My father just nodded, the lady had a light smile upon her lips. Suddenly Lindir came to us and bowed "My Lord Elrond; the dwarves, they've gone!" Said the worried elf.

      I raced back to my quarters. I didn't have much time. Quickly I ripped off the nice dress and changed into a long sleeve  Burgundy tunic that and brown pants that had been laid on the bed. It was made by elves clearly. There was small details all over. The pants had many pockets and sown designs. I put my hair in a single Braid that lay down my back. The ponies would stay here safe. The dwarves and Bilbo are long gone by now. There was no chance that I could catch up to them but I could meet them on the other side. I knew where they were going. They are cutting through the mountain instead of going another way.

  I heard a knock at my door. "Come in." I spoke. It was Elrond. "And you are off again." He smiled. "I have to help them." I stuffed some soap in my pack. I took everything I could. "Always you think of others' futures and not your own." He walked into my room. "I can do that when I'am dead." My tone was harsher than I had thought. "I did not come here to offend you, I came to say goodbye until the next time I see you, then I hope you will be ready to take your place among the rest of us."  He smiled. "That will be the day." I chuckled. "That dragon will kill them, I have no doubt about it." Elrond became serious, his stance stiffened.

      I was more than aware of what that dragon could be. "I can see that you care strongly for them, but for my sake and your fathers please don't do anything unreasonable."  His dark eyes pierced me like a blade. " I can make no promises of my safety but I can  promise there's." With that I hugged the lord goodbye and went to Kez. 

  The little left of my belongings was attached to her. Ada was already waiting with his steed. "We must hurry if we are to catch up to them." I jumped onto Kez. "Lead the way." He speaks. We were off, ready to face the wild. I've done this hundreds of times, this time it's different. This time I have a purpose other than hiding. 

           We raced for what felt like hours. Passing beautiful land that if I had more time I would have loved to stop and see. We stopped at the sun set. Kez and my fathers horse  desperately needed a break. I shot a few squirrels for supper and Ada had brought bread from Rivendell that was still soft.

      I could see dwarf prints within  the earth. We're on the right track. I gave Kez some water as well as some wild berries. We sat by the fire in silence. I liked silence. I liked being on my own. But I wasn't. "Do you think I parented you well enough?"  My father broke the silence. The dying embers cracked. "Yes! Why would you ask that, Ada?" I was more than confused. Gandalf was a good father. And I love him deeply. However I've never thought of someone else should have taken me.

      We kept small talk until Ada fell asleep. I took watch, there would be no need for him to wake up. I could stay awake for days if I wanted to. I couldn't wait till first light. The sooner morning came the sooner I would be back with the company. Killi? Bilbo? We're they okay?  I just hoped they weren't dead or held captive.

A/N:
Hey so I am sorry it has taken me so long to get this chapter out and that it's not a very long one. I am officially a month back into school. I do sports and another after school activities that involves writing. So I'm going to try my hardest to finish everything till chapter 10 and we will continue on afterwards