Chapter 33 - Gacha? Who Needs That?

Start from the beginning

Dark's eyes a bit of light to them at this point as he cast his gaze towards the ground.

He let out a hollow chuckle, free of his usual crazed tone. "It....doesn't mean anything honestly.... Unlike those bastards that abandoned their planets after exploiting them for all they could.... My planet.... Died."

Puck looked taken aback by this, his eyes widening in both surprise and shock.

"I-I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to.... How did it happen?" He asked in a soft and apologetic tone.

Dark waved him off, a wide red grin splitting his face. "Eh, don't worry about it! It had a good run! It died by natural means! You see, a god can only be born on a planet with life. Each galaxy has, at most, a handful of these types of planets. An old God usually appears after the life of their planet has run its course, I, however, was born on an already doomed planet.... Not that I cared, for my conscience had existed for much longer than my actual body. Which is what makes us old Gods "Old". We predate our bodies and even the universe itself. That's why those unruly brats named us so. You could also call us the true Gods of the universe the ones that set everything in motion.... Titans if you will, though that's not very accurate either." He explained with a yawn, not really taking much interest in the topic.

This made Puck look at Dark in a new light, not knowing whether to think that he was crazy, or just a bit misunderstood.

Though Dark didn't really seem to care all that much, the topic was just starting to get a bit boring, hell, he started to make himself fall asleep.

"FUCK! That's all besides the point! Let's get back on topic! These guys invented the system as a way to provide power to those of their choosing! By defeating dungeons the awakened would get a score based on their abilities and how they contributed! Thus, gaining even more power from the system in return! Those with lower ranks are just those that the Gods found uninteresting.... Now, this is where I come in!" This exclaimed with a wide crazed grin, causing Puck to completely erase the thought that Dark was anything but insane. "I couldn't let those bastards have all the fun! So I decided to pick someone and plant my "seed" inside their mind! Giving that being a completely random class and abilities! Along with a system of my own making! Though I didn't think that bastard system would gain a mind of it's own...." He started mumbling something to himself at this point, but Puck was too busy trying to come to terms with what Dark was saying.

By the time Puck finally realized what it all meant, his brain had nearly caused his body to go into cardiac arrest from the shock. "N-No.... God.... Please no...."

"Your God's dead, I'm the closest thing you'll get, kid!" Dark exclaimed as he hoped to his feet, walking on the air and approaching Puck's stiff form before roughly grabbing his face.

"Y-You're...." Puck barely managed to stammer out as he stared into those ominous red orbs of Dark's.

"That's right.... Though you've proven way more entertaining than I previously thought, I think I made the right choice in choosing my one and only apostle~! Though that may be the exact reason why those kids are throwing a hissy fit right now, since their game is ruined." Dark said with a slight purr to his tone as Puck's vision fades to black.

His brain had shut down in order to save itself from the truth....

Dark was the one sole reason why he had awakened.
________________________________
3 Hours Later - Seoul South Korea: Outside Awakeners Branch~

"Isn't this a bit cliche?"

"Oh shut it! You wanted answers, didn't you?! Well this is where we'll find 'em!"