Grinning, Jisoo told Jiah, "She wasn't kidding that Hoseok was nearby. He went to take a phone call."

Jiah mouthed an "ah" in response.

Seokjin had been listening to their conversation, appearing bored with his hands shoved into his jeans pockets. He seemed to recognize a familiar presence and glanced twice at the figure, maintaining his bored expression. He muttered, "Speaking of the devil."

Hoseok appeared in long sleeve, collared, plain white, buttoned shirt; the first three buttons were unbuttoned. Black jeans fit his slender legs, tucking in the shirt. A pair of Chelsea boots as his footwear. His hair was dyed in caramel brown.

A wide grin lit up Hoseok's face as he waved at Seokjin, who responded by raising his hand. However, as Hoseok's eyes met Jiah's smiling gaze, his smile gradually faded, his eyes lost in a daze as his mouth let out a silent "woah."

Jiah shoved her backpack to Seokjin, forcing him to hold it. Seokjin muttered, "What the-" as she ran to Hoseok and hopped on one spot to stop. "Hi," she chirped softly, tilting her head to one side.

Hoseok's cheeks turned a rosy pink as he gazed at her.

"Hoseok," Jiah called. "Are you okay?"

Hoseok remained frozen, his cheeks flushing deeper.

"Hoseok!" Jiah shook both of his arms.

Hoseok blinked, shaking his head to snap out of his trance. "Uh..." He ran his hand through his hair and averted his gaze. Glancing at Jiah from the corner of his eye, he stammered, "You are... you cut your hair short."

Smiling with her eyes forming crescent moons, Jiah nodded. She asked, "Do you like it?" Noticing Hoseok's ears turning bright red, she couldn't help but smile even wider.

Hoseok stuttered, his eyes still locked on hers. "Y-you... you look... it- it suits you."

Whining playfully, Jiah furrowed her eyebrows and pouted slightly. "You're stuttering!"

"No, no, no. Don't get me wrong!" Hoseok rushed. "The moment I saw you, I forgot how to breathe. You... you make my heart flutter."

A gentle smile spread across Jiah's face, followed by a giggle. Then, a thought struck her. "Oh right!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands and raising her eyebrows. "There's something I want to do with you."

Hoseok's eyebrows raised as well, his lips curving downward slightly. "What do you want to do?" he asked.

Taking a few steps backward, she instructed, "Open your arms, please!"

As if Hoseok got a hunch about what she was planning, a grin adorned his face, opening his arms for her.

When Jiah felt the distance was right, she stopped and bent her body slightly, swinging her arms back and forth with narrowed eyes fixed on the smiling man. With a playful coo, she announced, "Incoming!"

Swiftly swinging her legs, she wrapped her arms around Hoseok's neck. Hoseok reciprocated by embracing her waist, lifting her as they spun around. Giggling, Jiah buried her face in Hoseok's neck before he gently set her back down.

Both of them maintained their positions, their arms still around each other as they exchanged grins and held each other's gaze.