Chapter Four:"Let me figure this out on my own."

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

This is why I love Amber.
She's more understanding than Michelle.

"Ok.....but I can still set you up with some girls......."

"Michelle!" Amber calls out.

"I'm just saying......just in case she reconsiders.....I know some gay girls in this cam......"

"Michelle, one more word about girls." I say sternly.

"Ok....I won't." Michelle says.

"Good" I say.

"I guess we will just go back to the party therapy......" Amber says.

I thought she already understands me, why is she talking about party therapy again?

"Nope, we're not." I say.

"Mia, we've cancelled out the blind dates meaning you've only one option left and it's going back to finding someone at a party." Michelle says.

"I thought you guys were gonna give me some"breathing space" like Amber said, why this again?"

"The breathing space she meant is that we'll stop setting you up and we don't set you up at parties. All we tell you is "find someone" and since there  won't be setups anymore, there should be finding someone." Michelle says.

"What's with you guys and finding someone?" I ask rhetorically.

"We're still on the path of self discovery, your path of self discovery, remember?" Michelle says.

"And I like the fact that I'm on this "self discovery path" but you guys are not even sure if this is the right path. Don't you guys even think that I also want to discover myself? Who or what I truly am, what I like and dislike and other things? I'm in for this discovery path stuff but it's time for me to do it my way....."

"We get it but we are only helping." Amber says.

"I get that you guys are worried and that you're helping and trust me I really appreciate your help so far. As much as I hate to admit but these blind dates got me to know some things that I didn't before. But maybe that's not what I need or needed, maybe it's not just right for me. So guys, it's time for me to figure myself out on my own." I say.

"But that's what we're doing, that's why we tell you to find someone on your own." Amber says.

"Not with the pressure to hook up I get from you guys." I say.

"But....." I cut Michelle off.

"Please guys, you've done enough for me, now it's my turn to do something for me. Let me figure this out on my own." I say.

"Ok...ok, fine. We'll let you." Michelle says.

"Yeah, we'll." Amber says.

"Nice. I'll be going to parties with you guys but only to bring your drunk asses back home." I say.

"Okay"

"So promise me, no more pressure to date or hook up." I say.

"I promise" Amber says.

"Michelle?" I call out to Michelle who was just standing, looking like she's thinking of something.

"Come on, Michelle, don't just stand there and say nothing." Amber says.

"I promise and I don't promise"
Michelle says.

"Michelle!"

"Finnee, I'm not good at keeping promises but I'll try." Michelle says.

"Thanks guys......now can we at least watch an interesting movie with chips stuffed in our mouths?" I ask.

"Yeah, totally. I'll get the chips." Amber says making her way to my door.

Miaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें