Chapter 38

"1...2...3!"

Armin and I charged towards Jean and knocked him onto the ground.

"Hey, that's not fair, 2 against 1," he said after hitting the ground.

"Ah, sorry," I said.

"Okay, we'll try to be the last one standing," Jean said,"between the three of us."

"Okay," Armin said.

"Hey, let's play my circle game," I suggested,"that way we wouldn't need to hurt ourselves too much."

"Oh yeah," Jean replied,"good idea."

"(Y,n), good idea," Armin said, giving me a thumbs up.

I felt proud,"thanks."

I drew the circle, a big one. It was probably about 15 ft wide and long.

Jean got to counting again, "1...2...3!"

We got our guards up, who's going to attack? Maybe I should do it first. Jean then moved towards me. He was going to do a high kick. I protected my head. But he wasn't aiming to hit me, it was Armin. I could feel a slight embarrassment. Armin was 1 foot away from me.

They were struggling, Armin held Jean's leg and finally knocked him over. I took the plunge and tripped Armin. He fell right on Jean.

Ah, what should I do now? I've been having this hazy feeling after I stepped in this circle.

Armin got up, same with Jean. Oh no, they're both up now. I aimed a punch towards Armins face, but he caught it.

I'm surprised, Armin's actually pretty strong. I guess because he's a male, huh? I gathered my strength. But!!

I twisted Armins arm. I've fought males who were stronger. But they weren't as smart though. But Armin's at a disadvantage here, his real strength isn't for fighting here. But I've still got to keep my guard up, afterall, he's smart.

"Oww, owww!" Armin squealed in pain.

Jean put his arm around my neck and turned me over, I fell onto the ground along with Armin. Fortunately, I didn't sprain his arm.

Jean started attacking me. I dogded most of his punches, some hit me.

While His arm is still hanging in the air, I grabbed his shoulders and kneed him in the head. Next I hit his neck and kicked him in the back. He rolled up in a ball as I hit him. I thought of making him faint by hitting that vital part in the neck.

He caught me by surprise. He rolled over in a sudden and kicked me in the stomach. I fell onto Armin. What was he doing there. He's probably thinking the same thing I did, making me faint.

Seeing Jean aiming a punch at me, I quickly moved away. The punch landed right on Armin's face. The punch left Armin in a haze.

Sorry Armin! I apologized as he slowly passed out. I took a hold of him and with great strength, I threw him out the circle, as I kept an eye on Jean.

Armin tumbled over from my arms, which caused me to loose my balance. I felt myself pushed, I fell on Armin. My head in his belly, but somehow, he's out the circle. All I have to do now is get Jean out.

I turned around,"come at me!" I displayed my confidence at Jean.

He quickly ran towards me and aimed his punch at me. After getting Armin out, I felt like I can win. I dodged all his punches. In a instant, I had an image of Petra, Eren and me, fighting in the circle I had made. That's why I've been having this hazy and familiar feeling. I thought of that little peice of memory I recovered. So that's Petra.

As I was lost in my thoughts, Jean sent me flying to the ground with a punch. My head's spinning, my cheek hurts.

Jean stood in front of me. What I see is a dark figure, standing tall.

He was hesitating, but he lifted up his leg and was stopped by the lunch bell.

"*sigh* thank goodness," Armin said,"Jean, were you really going to do that to (y/n)?"

"No, didn't you see me hesitating?"

"Yeah, but you were close to hitting her," Armin replied.

The haze that lingered on my head faded. Armin at some point had his consciousness back. There was a bit of blood on his lips, and a bruise. Same with Jean and me.

Armin and I got up and headed for lunch. The circle game actually became pretty violent.

My belly gurgled, I didn't realize how hungry I am.

Cafeteria...

I sat beside Jean and Armin. Eren was across from me, but Mikasa was beside Jean. Sasha and Connie sat together of course, their happiness are shown so obvious.

I picked up my fork and started eating my potato stew with beets. This is so awkward. Love triangles are so complicated. *sigh*

I glanced over Eren's shoulder. Levi sat with Hanji and the commander. I got back to my own table. I looked over at Jean, he and Eren were talking about how each other's doing. Mikasa was silent. Armin joined in the conversation.

"(Y/n), how's your training coming along?" Armin asked.

"Huh?...uh, fine."

Wait, what did they just ask me?!

"What's wrong?" Armin asked again.

"Nothing," I said and went back to my food. I looked up and realized Eren was staring at me. I jumped and continued to eat. Throughout the lunchtime, I made little conversations, and that's about it.

Lunch then ended.

Apparently, it seems that no one knows what kind of expedition we'll be having this time. Because Levi just announced it, and everyone seems to be new to the information.

So a couple of us will be there. The thing's just to see Eren's responses in his titan form. If things go wrong, we will be there to stop it. But Levi won't be there, he has other stuffs to do. Okay, after this, we left the cafeteria.

I thought to myself that this probably won't be hard. It should be easy...

"That's it?" Jean said with a hand on his chest,"I guess it shouldn't be too scary."

"Maybe," Armin said.

"Hey, you people, don't be too comfortable with our new expedition," Levi warned us,"it is possible something can happen."

"Um sir, what may those things be?" Connie asked.

"Anything," Levi answered,"I would like you guys to prepare for it."

With that, Levi left. I realized that Eren was scared. He noticed me staring and looked away.

After we all departed, I grabbed Eren's sleeve. He was leaving so I had to grab it. He turned around.

"Oh, uh...um...let's do our best!" That was the only thing I could find to say.

Eren then forced a smile and said,"yeah."

I raised a hand and waved bye bye to him. We then parted our own ways.