Chapter 13

Eren woke up and my hand was still on his head. He slowly looked as I was embarrassed, with my hand still on his head.

Eren suddenly sprang up,"(y-y/n)!" He stuttered.

"....Y-Yeah...?"

"Nothing really."

"I see."

Later....

I was out of the patient's bed and walking around by myself. I had a lot of bandage on my head, which I realized not long ago.

Just a couple more feet, I would reach Levi's office. He was there....when I was unconscious on the bed. *blushies*

I put both my hands over my face, covering my blushing feature.

As I was about to take a step forward, Levi came out of his office. I was paralyzed. It's like this everytime, I wish I could act normal around him.

Obviously, Levi spotted me and I turned my head sideways, looking down. I feel like my heart just can't handle it, making eye contact.

Without looking at him, I slowly stepped forward. I stopped just a couple feet away from him. I manned up and looked him in the eye as I said it.

"T-Thank you, captain," I said.

"For what?" Levi replied,"Jeager's the one you should be thanking."

"Huh?"

"He was by your side the whole time, you should thank him."

So Eren was there the whole time. For now, I'll thank Levi and then I'll thank Eren.

"B-But still! Thank you for being there."

Levi stared at me for a short while and mouthed, "It's nothing, now go."

"Yes sir." I said and gave Levi a smile and headed off.

.......................

*Huff huff* Eren, where are you? I ran over a corner and caught sight of Eren.

"Ah, Ere-" I stared to call out, but saw him with Mikasa.

....why is Mikasa here? They seem to be pretty chummy, guess I'll thank Eren later.

Go Mikasa! I silently cheered in my head and followed them.

"Eren, are you sure that you're being treated well here?"

"I told you didn't I, there's nothing to worry about, Mikasa." Eren said, displaying a smile.

"Eren, here."

Mikasa handed Eren a little brown bag. Eren opened it and inside was a little peice of cardboard paper. [Good Luck Charm~ And Always Together] was on it.

"W-What's this?"

Mikasa looked down a little with a small red streak on her face,"Can't you read? It's so you could come back safely, and....and.."

"I know Mikasa, thank you."

Romantic...I guess so far. I turned around from the corner wall and leaned on it. Levi....my feelings seemed to have gotten deeper....

I got up and walked away. Good luck Mikasa, I'm going to try my best too.

(Timeskip) many minutes later\^■^/

I hesitated in front of Levi's office door. The door was so tall, I've never realized that before, ugh maybe I'm just too short. Well that doesn't matter right now. I gathered up courage and knocked on the door.

"Name and business."

"(Full name), sir, and I um...came...to see you....sir," I said, playing with my fingers.

"I'm busy, leave."

"How's your fever coming along? You should rest yourself once in awhile."

"Thanks to that, there's a whole paper load on my table."

"Heh, I can help you."

"Don't need any, more importantly, did you thank him?"

"Um, he's busy right now. B-But I won't forget. And, please let me help you, two people is better than one, right?"

*sigh* "Fine, come in."

I grasped the door knob silently, with my heart gradually pacing up. Alright, I took a big and quiet breath, here I go. I gradually opened the door. Levi was at his work table, just like he said, it was a load of paperworks.

I walked over to his table.

"Alright, um, I'll do this load of paperwork and I won't do any that I'm not sure about, okay?"

"Hmm."

"No, um, uh....say okay."

"Okay."

"Woah, You actually listened to me."

Levi looked up, looking surprised and embarrassed a little. I didn't do that on purpose though. Yeah I didn't set this up! But that was pretty cute.

"Alright, then let's get to work."

I reached over to get a paper but perhaps I was nervous that I accidentally knocked it over. Darn it!! Thankfully that I was quick enough, I was able to prevent it from falling all over the table. I had my two arms wrapped all over it. Levi was also quick, even quicker than me. He had one hand on top of the papers and another one spread out on the sides of the papers. I quickly lined it up and distanced myself a bit.

"Sorry, I'll try not to-no, I will not do that again."

"Nevermind that, let's get to work. That's what you said, right?"

"Yeah, er, right."

I took the rest if the day doing paperworks and got my shoulders stiff. Somehow, Levi knows that, and had me take a break. Levi's probably used to this, since he's always doing these things.

I made tea and we drank together.

Levi's POV

With only half of the papers left, (y/n) and I took a little break. It felt nice to have another person here. The tea that (y/n) made has a strong and sweet taste to it.

I looked over at (y/n), she's a.....pretty cute girl. She's like a mix of Petra and Isabel's personality.

End of Levi's POV

"I would prefer coffee more. Next time make coffee."

"What? But don't you like the tea?"

"It's a little dry."

"Dry? But it's liquid, besides....I don't know how to make coffee."

"I'll teach you, here, come with me to the kitchen."

"B-Bu..bu...wai-wait, what about work?"

"We can finish it later."

What.....I never really thought of Levi this way. He always seems like a serious person at work, but.....oh well. I should enjoy our time together.

"Okay."