Chapter 27

Today, I stayed with Levi. We were training again. But I was down with one punch. I'm still not able to get Levi to fall onto the ground.

"(Y/n), your fighting style is too straight forward."

"Is that bad?"

"Yes, you're giving your opponent signs of where you're going to hit."

"Oh...then what should I do?"

"Just pratice  to not show your eyes too much. And don't just aim at one spot, also, keep a cool face."

"Oh okay."

"I'll come back to see how you're doing."

Levi left and I praticed the way he told me to. Eren then came. He told me that Levi sent him here to help with my training.

I thought what Levi said, to not show my eyes too much, don't aim just at one spot, and keep a cool face. I guess I showed too much on my face. I decided to fight the way I did with Eren to see what he thinks.

Time Skip

The spar went on for a while before one of us fell out of the circle. Eren said that I invented this game.

I aimed a punch in Eren's direction, but instead, he had my arm in his and kneed me in the stomach. And flipped me over, that instant, I felt a image pass through my head. A girl, named Annie, she used to flip me over alot. I don't know where, but that's all I know for now.

I was in a daze, my head spinning with the image of that girl, that I didn't realize I was out of the circle.

"(Y/n), (y/n)."

"N-Nothing."

"Oh good."

"Anyway, Eren, what do you think about the way I fight? Is there anything wrong about my face?"

"What do you mean about your face?"

"Well, um...like is it telling you anything? Well...just..like is it easy to read?"

"Let me think."

"Okay."

"Well first.....I guess you can try to not move your head around where you're going to aim at. And try not to show too much squinting I guess. Well I'm not very sure, but that's what I think."

"Okay, Eren. That was kinda helpful but thanks."

"Come on, just kinda? Anyway no problem."

"Yep. And I want to ask, how did I fight before? Before the memory loss?"

"All I can say, is that you were better at planning how to win. But you have more strength at aiming now. But still, I'd say you have a more chance of winning before."

"I see, I guess I need to train more on this."

Eren continued to help me train.

Time Skip

We took a break. We sat on the wooden benches and chatted.

Eren: You know how I told you that you invented the circle game?

Me: Yeah.

Eren: That was days before the expedition.
Me: What was the expedition?

Eren: It was actually made for me.

Me: For you?

Eren: Yeah.

And Eren told me how he can transforming a titan, how the expedition depended on his cooperation. Also, how it decides about whether he's safe or dangerous.

Me: I see, so many things happened. Oh wait, about the female titan, her name's Annie?

Eren: Yeah.

Me: I just remembered something about her, I think it was her. Since her name's Annie, too. The one with blonde hair in a bun and light blue eyes.

Eren: That's her. (Y/n), what did you remember?

Eren started to get excited.

Me: I only remembered that one scene where Annie flips me over at the trainee camps. Where is Annie now?

Eren stared at the ground.

Eren: Well....

Levi: Annie's stuck inside some ice and it won't even budge.

Me: Can I go see her?

Levi agreed and Eren protested a little. But Eren got quiet soon.

Me: Le-I mean captain, when did you get here?

Levi: When you asked about that girl.

Time Skip

Annie was right in front of me. Like its said, she was trapped in ice. It was shaped like a diamond, the ones on cards. The ice was beautiful, I thought Annie was too. Her skin looked smooth, and pure. I held my hand up and wanted to touch the ice, but Levi stopped me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to touch it."

I could see a hateful expression on Levi's face. Somehow, that emotion on his face pains me. It hurts to see him like that.

"Captain," I spoke gently.

I patted his head and gave him a smile.

"It's okay."

We then left. I looked back at Annie, my head was full of questions. Why did she do it? Where did the ice come from? How did she become a titan? Did something happen in her past? I had felt a sense of sadness from Annie. But, what made her do it? I then stared forwards again.