Chapter 17

Morning 5:13am (Eating Breakfast)

(Yawns) Ugh I'm so sleepy..... (starts dozing off) no, I can't fall asleep! I've decided to train my but off today and rest the next day, and then it'll be the expedition day.

"Okay, it's perfec-" I choked while eating. (Intense coughing)

Ugh, that's why people say, don't talk while eating. (Coughs) I've learned my lesson now. (Coughs) gosh it won't stop. (coughs)

It was a couple minutes later until it finally stopped. Okay, now I need to finish my breakfast, I start to eat fast. (Intense coughing) gosh I choked again, that's why people say, don't eat too fast. Ugh how many lessons do I have to learn today. (Coughs) (Coughs again) (Coughs more)

It was a couple minutes again until I stopped coughing. (Sighs) I then finished breakfast 10 minutes later, and now I'm hearing some creeping noises.

(Creapy noises)

"Omg, ah! What's going on? A ghost? Oh gosh my room is possessed!"

I hid in a corner, trying to find where the sound us coming from. I then heard Levi's noise. Levi....

"Ugh, shitty-glasses!! Shut the fu*k up!!"

I opened the window and there's Levi, just like me, he had his upper body looking out the window. And soon enough, there's Hanji, the squad leader. I exhaled a sigh of relief. Lord, it was Hanji. Heheh. What was she doing out there so early anyway. Singing a song? Heh she's so weird.

Later........

I'm dressed and ready for the day, now. I walked down the hallway. Wow, it's so quiet, no sound at all, except for me. I decided to run down the hallway, as I start to turn a corner, I bumped into someone.

"Oww."

I suddenly got my mouth covered and I started squealing. I tumbled around trying to set myself free. Omg, what's happening...

"Calm down, it's me, Hanji."

I stopped moving and looked up to see who it is, as she said, it's Hanji. I uttered another sigh of relief.

"What are you doing, Hanji?"

"Hahah, I wanted to scare you. I can't believe I actually did it."

"Okay, and I need to train, later."

"What?! Meanie, I came to play and you're already leaving," Hanji pouted.

"Sorry, I'll play with you next time, okay?"

Time Skip (Training Grounds)

I trained and trained. I have to get stronger, so I'll can fight and not slow everyone down. So they won't have to protect me, and I can protect them.

"Hey.....hey!"

"Huh?"

I turned around, and got flicked on the forehead.

"Oww, that hurts."

I looked up and saw Levi. I started to blush a little, L-Levi flicked my forehead. That's kinda romantic.

"W-What was that for? It hurts."

"Training already, huh? You're pretty hard working."

"Thanks, captain."

"But try not to overdo yourself."

"Don't worry, I won't." I gave him a thumbs up.

"I'll spar with you, brat," Levi teased a little with the brat word.

"Okay, and this time, I'll definitely be the one standing," I kinda teased back.

"We'll see. "

Like that, we begun. I gathered my concentration, and calculated where he will throw his attacks at. I stepped forward, trying to trick him into hitting me. And when he does, I'll catch him by surprise and flip him over. If I can't flip him over, then I'll just knee him in the stomach. Then I'll elbow his back. It was a really good plan, as I was stepping forward, I can see that he's about to attack. And so, I dodged to the side, but he was much too fast for me. Instead of how I planned, I got punched in the face, sending me flying to the ground.

"Ughh," I groan in pain. That was one hell of a punch.

"Here, I'll help you," Levi said and extended a hand for me.

I smiled and said,"Thanks."

I grasped the hand and quickly, I swung my leg over his and tripped him. I caught him in surprise as he fell onto the ground. With my arm around the arm he extended to help me up, I grasped on it tightly to avoid him from hitting me. With my other arm, I had it on his neck to avoid him from suddenly turning around. If he did, then my hand can strangle him, but I won't kill him though. I was on top of him, with my weight to help secure him from freeing himself.

"Heheh, I did it!" I cried a little.

I've been practicing for this silently by myself. All to surprise Levi, and being able to trick people to protect myself. Since it worked on Levi, then it'll be pretty effective on others.

I helped Levi up, and then he suddenly grabbed me and flipped me over onto the ground. Oooff.

"That's what you get for getting me dirty," Levi said as he patted dirt off of him.

"Heheh, but wasn't I pretty cool there?"

"No, it was lame, but good job," Levi continued,"You've grown, keep it up."

Hearing that makes me really happy, "Yes, captain."

"Alright, you train on your own now. I'll come back to watch how you're doing."

"Yes, captain," I spoke the words very gently.

With that, Levi walked inside the barracks. Later, one by one, the rest of the members came out and trained. Like yesterday, I met up with Eren and Petra, and we trained together. Then Levi came and helped us and everyone else train.

We will definitely all come back from the expedition. Definitely. Afterall, we've all trained hard, so we'll make it, right?

Right, I said to myself, in my head.