"Okay well... I'm sorry too for all the wrong that I've done. I'm also sorry for disappointing y'all by falling pregnant and for hiding it. However, I promise y'all that I have learnt from this and it will definitely be a growing curve for me. My baby is gonna help me to be better in all aspects of my life." Fatima said.

"Ev, is there something that you'd like to say? Now is your chance to speak up" Carlos said to his wife.

-Evelyn remained silent-

Carlos sighed in defeat at his wife's stubbornness. "Anyway, Fatima going back to the car. Good news is that I did buy one for you but bad news is that it'll only be ready for delivery once you return from your trip to South Africa." Carlos said without even realizing that he had just spilled the beans.

"Damn pops!! Welp... I guess there goes my new Nike sneakers now that the cat is out the bag" CJ said in disappointment.

"Hold up. Fatima is going to Africa?!" Eva asked. "Why?"

"She's going to visit your aunt Vivian for a few days." Carlos said.

"Aww I remember aunt Viv. She always used to make the best Mac n cheese!" Eva said.

"Oh so that's who's in Africa?" CJ finally caught on. "Whatever happened to her?"

"Mommy told me that she died" Eva said.

"I don't know why your mother would say that but no my sister is still very much alive. She's been living in Cape Town South Africa for the past 10 years." Carlos said.

Eva gasped and gave her mother a side eye. "Mommy how could you lie like that?!" She asked.

"So Fatima is going to visit my nemesis and nobody thought of telling me about it?" Evelyn asked her husband, completely disregarding her children's questions.

"Yes I am." Fatima replied nonchalantly. "And nobody kept it from you, I just insisted that daddy not say a word. Why are you so pressed though? It's not like you care."

"Can y'all please excuse us for a lil bit. I want to talk to Fatima woman to woman" Evelyn said as they all exited Fatima's room giving the two of them privacy.

_______

"So... wassup?" Fatima asked her mother in a disrespectful tone.

"Fatima I know that you're not very fond of me but I'm still your mother and you will respect me!" Evelyn said sternly as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Respect is earned. You haven't shown me any so why should I? Besides, I'm a woman now so I dont have to do shit!" Fatima said with much more attitude.

"Okay that's enough! If you speak to me sideways again then I'm gonna beat your ass like the woman you claim to be!" Evelyn said with some base in her voice and Fatima could sense that she was deadass serious so she kept quiet.

"That's exactly what I thought!" Evelyn said. "Now let's try this again and remember to mind your manners."

"Fine" Fatima said.

"Let me start by saying that I am immensely sorry for every bad thing that I have ever done to you. I'm sorry for making you feel unloved and unwanted. I'm sorry for making you feel like you can't trust me enough to confide in me. But babygirl please believe me when I say that I- she got choked up. "Tima I honestly was just trying to keep you from repeating my mistakes."

"Like me?" Fatima asked holding back her tears.

"What?" Evelyn asked confused.

"Was I a mistake? Is that why you hate me so much?" Fatima asked as the tears began to trickle down her cheeks.