"What else? Laura, who are you? Who is that woman? What room did they bring her out of? And I rushed in after they left but couldn't see you either—only a stain of blood on the floor. I'm crying because the vampire gave me poison and...."

"The poison was for you to allow them in, right?" I asked angrily, and he nodded in fear.

"Fool, you actually thought it was a real poison. Your fear was the poison, as nothing venomous is inside you now. You were tricked, dickhead!" I seethed, gritting my teeth as he stared at his hands and touched his chest.

His face beamed with a smile as his eyes lit up.

"You're right! I won't die!" He squeaked so happily, but when he saw my lethal look, all the joy vanished, and he immediately read what my expression portrayed, making him gasp as he began to move back.

"You are better off dead." I hissed and grabbed him from the shirt, covering his mouth as I dragged him back into my room while he struggled to free himself.

I got into the room and slammed him against the wall so hard that his bones cracked. I'm glad all the rooms in this hall are soundproof.

He let out a blood-curdling scream, and I wouldn't even wait for a breathing space before I stabbed his chest deep with my claws, reaching out to his desperate heart.

"No...pl....e...a..."

His voice faded as I aggressively pulled the heart out of his chest, breaking through the ribs. This is a practice with demonic power on how I would end the lives of the Alpha's children.

I left his lifeless body there, washing my hands and body and making sure there was no blood stain on me before I hurried out. I got to the palace, and there was no one there. The normal buzz of the pack every evening was no more. Both in and out of this pack house were dead silent, with hush tones used for conversation.

Many stayed indoors, obviously scared of another attack from Selene or whatever it was that made them all crawl up.

I headed to the royal chamber, where I was sure the Alpha and his children would be. There were surprise looks from anyone who saw me, but I'm glad they would never query, as no one dared to question the Luna.

I was right. They were in the room, all sitting on the couch separately, arms wrapped around their bodies like they were freezing. Their faces were etched with deep frowns and that sort of deep fear of one who was already feeling their deaths knocking.

As soon as I entered, they all cringed and looked up sharply.

"You are back!!" Their voices cheered as they all stood and hugged me.

"We thought Selene, that demon girl, had something to say to you." Sophia murmured.

"She might have been banned, but there is no doubt that with the demons help, she can still attack us. Do you think I did the right thing by banning her?" The Alpha sighs in despondency, his tone showing how much he is scared of demons. 

I had seen how petrified he was when the reports came flying in earlier that Selene used demonic powers to kill a lot of the pack members. Demons are really a nightmare. If only he knew I was one of them, and he just banned the girl who should save him.

"I am lucky to have survived Selene's attack on me. I returned earlier and took my bath in my private room before coming to meet you all," I lied confidently, and they all let out sharp gasps.

"So she really attacked you? That girl is evil!" The Alpha gnashed his teeth, his eyes red in frustration and anger.

"Dad. I'm scared. What if she comes for me? I have to leave this pack and return to America right away!" Sophia sobbed.

"Yes. We are leaving. This place isn't safe!" Callen added.

"That's right. You both should....

"They are not going anywhere today. Maybe tomorrow they can leave." I cut in, remembering the deal I had with the demon king. 

"Why?" They both asked in unison.

"It is...not...safe out there today. Selene is still lurking around looking for someone to devour, and you know she will target you both for what you did to her in the past. Just stay for today. You both can sleep together in the visitor's room while I stay with your father here." I suggested it, and luckily they accepted it without much questioning.

The plan was going perfectly. I just had to finish them up in that room at midnight, and the entire blame will be pushed to Selene.

Night came really fast, and Kane had really been troubled, gloomy, and always murmuring to himself, grunting, and cursing the name of Selene. He looked really frustrated, while I acted all like the caring wife who feels the pain of her husband and the pack. I had to really pretend to feel the same way as him, and it was damn stressful.

Imagine forcing out tears just to show deep sadness when it is nowhere near what you feel. Inside me was nothing but joy at the fact that it was only a matter of days before my long-time dream would become reality, so feigning sadness at this moment was something I really strained myself to put up with.

Kane would try to console me, telling me of different strategies and plans he was thinking of so he could wipe out Selene and her demon crew. He was planning on gathering all the packs around and even making peace with vampires.

My happiness is that all these would take more than two weeks. Before then, I will be gone.

He slept off really fast after I took my time to massage him. 

The moment it clocked 12 a.m., I stepped out of the room for my mission. Everywhere was dead silent while I tiptoed to the visitors room.

I knocked.

"Who is there?" The shivering voice of Sophia came in as she asked in fright.

"It's me, your mum. I have something to tell you." I whispered, and in a few seconds, the door clinked and was opened wide for me by Sophia.

I walked in to see that they were both awake.

"Mom, is there a problem?" Callen asked in a hushed tone of fear as his wide eyes stared intently at me.

I quietly closed the door and locked it, then turned to them as they watched me curiously.

"I'm sorry, kids. I am here to kill the both of you. It's an assignment." I said, curtly without remorse as they both arched their brows.

"What kind of joke is..." Callen tried laughing it off, but his voice hitched in his throat as he saw me grip his sister from behind on her neck and slam her face twice on the hard wall, blood spilling as she let out a bloodcurdling scream.