18

18 - Dumbfounded

Hinata's POV:

It's been a year or so since Sasuke had been imprisoned, I admitted that I wanted to get abducted. Even though in the first place I really didn't.. but they still used their ability to know my memories with him.

I don't know what they found out, but Ino told me that we're fine. I trusted her.. she's the only one who defended me infront of malicious, judging eyes.

I'm really thankful.

I'm wandering around the village as my eyes figured on Shikamaru and Choji who was munching chips while walking, I walked up to them, waved then smiled widely.

They did the same then continued walking. I shrugged it off then went to a nearest restaurant to eat.

Naruto's POV:

"I told you he's innocent!" I bragged and laughed infront of Kakashi, our teacher.

"He's not innocent Naruto, he's only kind to Hinata but he's still not innocent. He has killed and tortured a lot of ninja's" Kakashi explained, I pouted and sarcastically rolled my eyes.

"He's still innocent!" I fought back, Kakashi placed his palm on his forehead. I pouted more.

"Fine! He's not!" I admitted my defeat but still, Sasuke has killed bad ninja's and not the innocents.

"He really isn't, anyways, he's gonna be freed tomorrow" Kakashi mentioned making me shock, what!?

"How come you didn't tell me!?" I freaked out

"I just did" He lazily said while doing some hokage things, and I'm sitting earlier but the news made me stand up.

"You should've told me earlier!" I almost shouted, he's gonna be free! I wonder what he'll do next.

"I told you a few months ago, you just forgot" He shrugged, I dramatically grasp

"And you have the guts to blame me?" I dramatically said, then chuckled after. I really can't joke with the Hokage, he's too immune of me!

"Well then, I'll pick him up tomorrow!" I crossed my arms while smirking.

"What is he? A baby?" He scoffed while reading some files, I defensively looked at him and thought of an excuse.

"He probably forgot konoha already! Since it got renovated and he's only been here since he was 12 years old y'know!" I excused

"Yeah yeah, do what you want" He gave a little gesture, I smiled sarcastically and went off.

I sighed a bit, he's now free from the village's bad circulate rumors or tattle about him huh? I know Sasuke. I trust him.

Hinata, he liked her? I smiled a bit

"You look like a pervert who saw a pretty woman" Sakura randomly said making me flinch and looked at her, I didn't even notice she's here!

"And the pretty woman is you?" She smirked when I said that, she nodded and confidently swayed her pink semi-long hair.

"Your hair is growing, you won't cut it?" I asked her randomly too while walking and looking at the road, she smiled a bit.

"I still will, I'm just keeping it long now not because Sasuke liked long hairs.. It's because I missed my old long hair?" She bravely said and chuckled after

"Oh wow, not because of Sasuke? Really?" I almost scoffed and looked at her with a raised brow.

"Yes, I also grew a fond with my long hair..  I look feminine when my hair is long so.. I have my hair long now that I'm resting from missions" She said and pursed her lips after, I smiled.

"Good for you huh, you moved on?" I asked

"Will continue to, well.. now that Sasuke's here it might get tough. He's so handsome and so..." She happily giggled, but stopped when she realized it

"Uh-oh.." She nervously said making me laugh

I laughed more "I thought you moved on?" I continued laughing

"Hey! I really did!" We fought for minutes that turned into hours until we became tired.

"Hey.. Sasuke's being freed tomorrow right?" She asked me suddenly

"Hmm yeah!" I nodded continuously like we never argued playfully earlier.

"Then, I'll see you tomorrow. Goodbye, Naruto." She smiled, wind caressed her skin as her hair flowed and her fragrance cluttered all over my nose, her sweet peony smell making me smile and feel things. The feeling that I felt years ago. A very deja vu feeling.

"Tomorrow, then." I smiled widely, she now went inside her house leaving me dumbfounded.

Oh god, I'm whipped.

The next day was normal even though it was a very special day for me.

"Sasuke!!" I greeted and shouted his name, he looked at me irritatingly but I saw a ghost glimpse of his smile.

Oh wow, this idiot really knows how to hide his happiness!

Just like how he hid Hinata from us! Damn him!

"Naruto." He mentioned making me look at him with curiosity. "Thank you."

Two.

Two words that left me dumbfounded, hah! The full of wrath Sasuke Uchiha thanked me. He thanked me!

I will surely mark this in my calendar, the moment that Sasuke thanked me! I've never been so happy.

My happiness then went down by the news a few days after.

"I'm.. going to revise my sins, and go for a long mission." His words struck me

I'm not clingy, but he's like my brother.. and then he's now.. leaving again?

Sigh, I shouldn't act like this. I should support him! "Oh! Okay!" I suddenly said

Kakashi looked at me with suspicion but I shrugged and smiled widely. That's it. I should be happy.

He asked a permission to Kakashi and Kakashi approved, though, he has to write something for us so that the village won't think he's a rouge again.

"C-can I come too?" I soft voice came from the entrance of the Hokage's office making us all look at the person behind the voice.

"Huh?" Sasuke curiously asked, we also looked at her with confusion.

"I-I also need a long mission, and.. uhm." Hinata looks like she didn't prepare a script for this huh? Kakashi looked a the me and I nodded but hid it, I just bobbed my head once saying it should be fine.

I mean Hinata has been with him for months, and I'm sure that Hinata is very very comfortable with him than him with us.

We're now waiting for them to go off, I'm wishing them very well. I hope Sasuke can be honest with his feelings with her.

Hinata hugged me for the last time so I hugged her back, we stayed like that for 10 seconds or more until I saw Sasuke's gaze.

Hinata whispered softly, "I liked you before."

Wow, my friends really do know how to leave me dumbfounded.

AMIERXstories - sasuhina