CHAPTER 25

"Khuluma man damnit" Fika roared at Nkatha after five tries of trying to get any words out of Nkatha.

Nkatha was Fika's second in command. Seen as a loyal dog by most but a snake to those you truly knew him. He planned the assassination of one of the Cele brothers for fucking his wife. After finding out all the brothers knew about his brother fucking his wife he planned to kill them all. He worked alongside Mthiya who has been my mentor. Sometime along the line, he developed cold feet and he told a close friend of his.

Words were exchanged between people but all the blame was shifted to Mthiya who is Muziwakhe's enemy. A war almost broke loose but one could not call for war when nothing was done. It was known that enemies are bound to want to kill one another so why waste time, weapons and people's lives on petty issues. Mthiya wanted me to kill Nkatha but if he were to die it would be interpretated in the wrong way. Cele would assume that we were killing Nkatha as a warning or scare tactic towards the Celes.

"Fika what was the purpose of coming here?"

"To do this." He said and took out his phone, "bring them in." He spoke to the person in the recieving end.

Five men walked into my house with guns in their hands specifically AK-47s. They flipped my house upside down. They pushed down the two to the floor. Stabbed my couches and started firing at everything their eyes could land. I made sure that my anger did not spill onto my facial expression. I wore a bored expression on my face.

"Dala what you must Cele." I said before leaving to go to my room.

Fika really knows how to irrigate someone.

"Phuma uphele kusisi wami" he roared. I ignored him and carried on to walk to my room.

I could hear the crashing sounds coming from the lounge. He screamed curse words I could not fathom. For a few minutes there was pure silence, the door banged and I heard cars driving off.

I could not do anything. I wanted to kill them, with my bare hands even. They were smart though, they knew I wouldn't do anything to them. But I doubted that they knew what I actually did. They thought that Nkosana was helpless but they did not know that Grootman had enough resources to kill them. I switched my off and went to sleep. I hoped that all that happened was a nightmare that had clasped me in its claws.

******

"Vuka man damnit!" Vuks yelled while he huffed and puffed.

Did he run here perhaps? I squinted my eyes so to try and adjust to the light that penetrated through my window.

"Ithini ityd" I mumbled.

"Ithini ityd, ithini ityd." I mimicked me. "I was calling nonstop, worried as fuck Kanti Wena you're sleeping like a damn baby" he raised his voice with every word said.

"Ngicela ungiphumele ekamereni lami, Vukile." I said with my voice muffled by the pillow beneath my head.

"I'll get people to clean this up. Give me your credit card so I can buy some furniture." He said and pulled his hand out to take my credit card.

"Wallet is in the drawer." I said and saw him steal twenty Rand, he thought I was stupid that one.

I went back to sleep as soon as he left. I wanted to wake up when my house was clean atleast. Not necessarily fully furnished but clean atleast.

I was woken up by soft hands caressing my neck. I knew her by smell and touch. "Nkosana what happened to the house?" She questioned. "The house is upside down, there are b-bullet holes everywhere and.." she rambled on. I opened my eyes to see her sitting on the bed with her tear stained cheeks. Her hands shook as she tried to wipe her tears away.