Chapter 16

It was a few days after Harry had caught a cold. He was just now finally feeling better. So Severus decided to eat breakfast in the Great Hall today, something he hadn't done in four days.

Severus was walking to the Great Hall when he met Narcissa. "Severus! Why're you here? Isn't Harry still sick?" Narcissa exclaimed at the sight of Harry in Severus's arms.

"Well he's recently been feeling better, and I decided to try and go to classes today." Said Severus as Narcissa's expression softened. "But I suggest you don't carry him, just in case he's still sick." Severus added.

They continued to walk to the Great Hall when a few more people came up to them. "Severus? What's wrong? Is Harry okay?" Asked the voice that belonged to James. Sirius and Remus were standing behind him, their hands intertwined.

"Harry is feeling better. And I've decided I don't want to keep missing class." Severus rolled his eyes at the fact he had to repeat himself. James quickly swept Harry from his arms. "Hey! How come Potter gets to carry Harry and you said I can't!" Narcissa pouted as she crossed her arms.

"Because I'm his father. And how long is it going to take for you to stop referring to me as Potter?" Said James as he started to tangle his fingers through Harry's hair.

"As long as it takes for you to stop being a stupid prick!" She flipped her hair as Severus shook his head.

Once they found themselves in front of the Great Hall doors James handed Harry back to Severus and they split up to go to their house tables. Narcissa and Severus sat at their usual seats.

Narcissa started to immediately shove food in her mouth. "Severus! Eat! I know you haven't been eating enough these past few days. So please eat." Narcissa frowned at the sight of Severus's empty plate.

Severus was about to come up with some excuse on why he wasn't feeling up to eating but was interrupted by the Owls that had just started to fly through the room, dropping mail in front of students.

The Daily Prophet and a few letters dropped before Narcissa. Severus wasn't expecting any mail. He didn't necessarily have the type of family that sends gifts or letters.

So that pretty much explains why Severus was utterly confused at the fact that a letter dropped into his hands. The same Owl that left him confused a few weeks ago was standing in front of him.

"Isn't that Dumbledore's Owl? Remember last time you got a letter from him it was this Owl that gave it to you!" Narcissa pointed out as she sat up straighter on the bench.

"It seems like it." Said Severus before opening the letter.

Dear Severus Snape

Please meet me in my study after dinner. There is some good news to be discussed. 6pm sharp. Don't be late.

Yours sincerely, Albus Dumbledore.

Severus read aloud. "Oh my gosh! Do you think Harry might be going back?" Narcissa said excitedly.

"M-Maybe. But we can't be too sure."

Severus didn't know how to feel about this. Half of him knew that Harry was probably going to go home. But he should feel happy about that. Not upset about it. It wasn't like he was putting Harry up for adoption or anything, just like James had told him. He was giving Harry to his future self.

"Severus? Is everything alright?" Narcissa asked as she snapped Severus from his deep thoughts.

"Yes, I'm fine." Narcissa gave him a suspicious look but continued to eat her food.