Capter 11

𝐍𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬?

"Nels are you ready" Nova asked taking Nelson out his thoughts.

"Yeah let's go is Jake outside?" Nelson asked already knowing the answer.

"Yup come on he's waiting" Nova told the boy grabbing his hand to walk outside.

"Don't touch me" Nelson said since he felt betrayed by the girl.

"What are you talking about come on" Nova asked trying to reach for his hand again.

"Bro back up" Nelson said walking past her and into her older brothers car.

Nova stopped for a couple seconds wondering what was going on with the boy and why he was acting like this.

"Hey Nov" Jake said greeting the girl not knowing the nick-name hurt a little now.

"Hey Jake" Nova said in a little bit of a sad and confused voice.

Nova looked over at the blonde boy only to see him staring out the window and not staring at her like she hoped he was.

Nelson wanted to look at the blonde girl so bad but he couldn't. Not after what he heard.

Jake noticed the awkward tension between the two and just assumed something weird had happened the night before.

The Trio got to the Wests house since N ova needed to grab her basketball stuff leaving the two boys alone in the car.

"Yo what's going on with you and my sister" Jake asked turning around to look at Nelson.

"Nothing why?" Nelson asked the boy not knowing if Nova had told him anything.

Nelson was kinda scared of Jake since he's seen him in his protective older brother mode.

(Flashback)

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐰𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝟑𝟎.

"Yo can i get your snap?" Nova heard behind her as she felt a tap on her shoulder causing her to turn around.

Before Nova could say anything Jake was already there answering for her.

"No she doesn't want your snap back up she's 14" Jake said standing in front of his younger sister blocking her from the interested boy.

"Yeah i'm 15 so it's fine" said the boy from the other team confused as to why this boy was being so protective.

"Are you her boyfriend or something?" The boy asked confused.

"No but i'm her brother so get away" Jake said as he took Nova's shoulder and walked away with her protectively.

(𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤)

"𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐲𝐦?" Nelson asked the older West knowing he was lying or so he thought before Nova said they're just friends.

"I don't know i just felt a vibe with you two" Jake said still looking at Nelson.

"Really?" Nelson asked not knowing other people felt it to.

"Yea the whole rwe team has a bet that you guys will be dating in 2 months" Jake told the blonde boy looking for a reaction.

"Nah i don't think Nov feels that way" Nelson told Jake in a kinda sad voice.

"You know me and you are the only people who call her Nov? And i only started calling her that cause i heard you call her that." Jake told Nelson hoping this would change his feelings about his younger sister.

Jake thought Nova and Nelson would be a cute couple and he knew Nelson would treat his younger sister right. And Nova had mentioned thinking nelson was attractive before to her older brother.

                                    (𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤)

𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬.

"You got a crush or something?" Jake asked teasing his younger sister.

"Of course not he's just good and he looks my age." Nova said defending herself. 

"How'd you know who i was talking about?" Jake questioned Nova with a smile.

Nova now was embarrassed and blushing.

"That's 𝐍𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 he's 14 and tough, He's gonna be on rwe with me" Jake explained to the girl.

"Yeah I guess he's kinda cute" Nova said to her older brother.

Nelson then came over to dap up Jake and say hi.

"Hey Jake what's up?" Nelson asked the west brother.

"Nothing much just watching you" Jake said winking at Nelson both of them knowing he was joking.

"Who's this?" Nelson asked wondering who the pretty girl next to his future teammate was.

"Hey i'm Nova" Nova said putting her hand out for Nelson to dap her up.

When they're hands touched they felt a spark. Like an actual spark hit they're palms.

"Ow sorry" Nelson said smiling at the girl.

"Your good bye!"Nova said walking away with Jake.

"𝐇𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞" 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟.

"𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲" 𝐍𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟.

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐭.

                               (𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤)

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞" Jake said laughing.

"Yea maybe" Nelson thought out loud.

𝐍𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐨𝐯.