13 - Hints of jasmine

The Velaryon princess sighed as she let her back collapse on the mattress

The Velaryon princess sighed as she let her back collapse on the mattress. "This is so boring." She groaned and her aunt chuckled.

"Indeed. But you must help me." The older princess climbed on the bed and looked down at her friend. "I managed to get rid of mother so that it can be less... annoying. Don't abandon me." She said and Aemma sat up and took the sketches book from her hands.

They had been observing hundreds of gowns since they had woken up and Aemma would never have thought her friend to be such an indecisive person.

"This one ?" She pointed an ivory dress with long sleeves.

"I don't like the neckline." Helaena said, turning the page and Aemma rolled her eyes.

"I thought you did not want this marriage in the first place ? Since when do you even care ?" She asked, complaining of seeing her firmed so invested in her wedding.

"I do care about my wedding. It's my husband I don't care about." Helaena said, grabbing one the the many books laying on the wooden floor. "What about this one ?" She gave Aemma the book. "For the welcoming feast." She added with a small smile.

Aemma frowned when she saw the gown Helaena had finally chosen. The gown was ivory, had long thin sleeves and had golden details on the shoulders, the bottom of the sleeves and the skirts. There was a golden line in the middle of the chest, from the top of the gown to the bottom of it with discreet dragon pattern.
"It's beautiful." Aemma said, honestly. She genuinely found the gown pretty, but at this point, she was happy with whatever Helaena would choose.

"Very well, let's chose the one for the hunt." The future bride said, tearing off the page with the gown and put it with the ones her mother had chosen for the two days of tournament.

After half an hour of search, the princesses had finally found the perfect gown for the day of hunt. This day of celebration was the one Aemma was the most looking forward to. She loved hunting. She would often go for a hunt with her brothers and Daemon in the woods of Dragonstone. Thanks to her skills in archery, she was the best of them.

"Only one left." Aemma said, now sitting on the floor, trying to find the perfect gown for the final day of celebration.

"I found it ! The perfect one." Helaena stood from where she was sitting and almost ran toward Aemma with the sketch in hands. "Look." She said, happy with her gown.

The gown was magnificent. Aemma couldn't deny it. It would fit Helaena well. Perfectly. It was still an ivory gown with golden details, but this one had much more details on the sleeves, the bustier and on the skirts. The neckline would highlight her collarbones and Aemma was fond of the dragons pattern. Yet, she had a weird feeling about this gown.
And her blood went cold when she remembered when she had seen it.

"Are you not scared of being hot ?" She said. Trying to dissuade Helaena to chose this dress. "The fabric looks thick." She looked up the her, eyes full of hope.